Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gromulus

Practically Family
Look what I found in my closet! I forgot about buying this one in Japan 4 years ago...you should've seen the looks on the customs officer's face lol!

untitled-2.jpg

Holy Moses Neo! You can turn that thing upside down, coat it with teflon, and use it as a giant wok!

Jauntyone

Practically Family
Messing around with my Campdraft, I started out with a fedora crease and then changed to a cattleman's crease just for fun:

IMG_7090.jpg

IMG_7091.jpg

Open crown hats a fun to expirement with. If people on the street start looking at you funny, you can just pull the hat off and re-crease it. Though it may not be my hat that makes people point and snicker...:eeek:

Fletch

I'll Lock Up
465567187_946d552be3_o.jpg

Walked 3 mi in the rain. Hastings, NY, fall 2007. Stetson Temple.

3615217362_1eb091d74c_o.png
3611631362_fac2e31e5d_o.png

Snapping dancers Gerri Lyn and Andy; playing clarinet. Governor's Island, NY, June 2009. Biltmore Cellini.

3468875876_9618cfebf5.jpg

Pooshing the button (see raised epaulet?). Brookside Park, Ames, IA, April 2009. Akubra Fed III, cut down.

3530698373_2b2f00cc6f.jpg

Study break at The Hub. Iowa State University, Ames, May 2009. Selco Whippet knockoff, vintage ca. 1950.

Last edited:

danofarlington

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I thought I would start a thread to gather together photographs of fedoras old and new, as worn out-and-about, as I really enjoy viewing these types of photos, spread throughout many other threads.

Pictures previously posted are most welcome, as I think we would all enjoy viewing many of these photos again. A quick descriptive note as to hat make and locale would greatly enhance the images.

I will start off with a few random ones:

Stetson Shantung. Tall Ships Chicago 2010. Navy Pier Chicago, August, 2010.

Optimo Tungsten, Satin. Eating out with my family after work, November 2010.

VS Granite, Satin. Just after stepping out of a cab heading to one of the night markets. Taipei, Taiwan, R.O.C., December 2010.

VS Granite, Satin. Fussing with my camera equipment in front of the National Taiwan Museum. Taipei, Taiwan, R.O.C., December 2010.

Mallory Twelve-Fifty, Snow. Winter stroll along Summit Avenue. St. Paul, Minnesota, February 2011.

Thems are some good hats.

Lefty

I'll Lock Up
Here are a couple of collages of assorted What Hat are You Wearing Today photos. All are from the Akron/Cleveland area.

DSC_0079-2.jpg

DSC_0007-2.jpg

Last edited:
Friday was a dressy day for me... 1950s Stetson 3X courtesy of a trade with lounge member Scooter.

stetson3x.jpg

Today, same shirt, no shave... a bum with a Stetson 100.

stetson100.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe