Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

indycop

I'll Lock Up
Today to Church.:)

P1130009.jpg

P1130012.jpg

indycop

I'll Lock Up
Great hats Bolthead and ThunderW21!!:eusa_clap :eusa_clap

Thanks ThunderW21 and RBH!! I love this tie, I don't have a clue about wether it is vintage or not. It's POLO so I doubt it, but it says handmade and made in the USA so I am happy about that.:D

Jerekson

One Too Many
Donato said:
Is that an Akubra Federation? Thanks. You look quite smart in that suit and hat - and soooo young! :eusa_clap I remember when!!! :eusa_booh

Yes, Federation regular. My favorite.

Thanks! I actually look alot younger than I really am ;)

Donato

One of the Regulars
Jerekson said:
Yes, Federation regular. My favorite.

Thanks! I actually look alot younger than I really am ;)
Jerekson,
I was reading a thread at indygear.com (Club Obi-Wan) and some owners were complaining about their Fed. Regular changing color over time - from brown to olive green. How long have you had your Fed.? Have you had any problem with the color changing? I am tempted to buy this hat and I am torn b/t the Fed. Reg. or Fed. Deluxe. Thanks.
P.S. :eek:fftopic: When I was your age, I also looked much younger than I was, i.e., at 18, I was always taken for 14. I hated it back then but trust me, your age will catch up with you. Now I really look my age and I miss looking 14!!! :(

Jerekson

One Too Many
As I understand it this was a problem experienced during the first run of the Akubras, back in 2002?

I've had my hat for a little bit more than 1 year, and to be perfectly honest I've experienced the opposite. When I first received the hat is was a really dark greenish brown - now it has faded alot lighter and even took on a reddish tint.

Example - here is the hat out of the box.
Saga_2.png

It's almost black looking in this picture!

Many others would disagree, but I prefer the regular over the deluxe. [huh]

kiltie

Practically Family
hello

This is me. This is my hat. Say hello hat...
This is my Stetson Sovereign that I've had for about a year. After looking over this sight for about a month I got sort of religious about checking out the goings on. I will NEVER make fun of people who go to Star Trek conventions again, if you catch my drift... Well, on to the hat real quick. I have seen many opinions with regards to quality, personal preferences, etc... I have several decent hats, but this was my first "good" hat. It is currently my main knockaround hat and has been very accomidating in conservative experimentation. It's awfully receptive to shaping without the benifit of steam or the cold water "misting" and currently sports a ham-handed diamond that i cribbed after checking out one of the posts on this site. It came pre-shaped with the run of the mill centre dent with a pinch, but it never complains about a new bash ( which seems to stick even with moderate abuse ). I get quite a few compliments, and remarkably, the "Indianna Jones" to "nice hat" statements are sitting at a respectible 25:1 ratio. That said, I am hip to the detracting comments as well. I liked this one so much that I grabbed up a Royal soon after. There is no comparison. The Royal ( grey ) is inconsistant in every aspect and seems to have what would be the equivalent of a "run" in the felt. Next time I drag it out, I'll post. I kept it ( after close examination, fault finding, etc...) as a reminder to be more discriminating in the future. Anywho's, this is the hat I'm wearing today:

http://s275.photobucket.com/albums/jj290/safdkiltie

Thanks

DOUGLAS

My Mail is Forwarded Here
DMan, that hat looks much better on you than it ever did on me. :eusa_clap :eusa_clap

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe