Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

scottyrocks

I'll Lock Up
peller&mure2.jpg

That is a beauty, indeed!

zetwal

I'll Lock Up
Zetwal and JTL, I been thinking of having Major Mike make me a custom hat and those Stratoliners are winning me over. I actually ride a Stratoliner motorcycle, so I guess it would be fitting. I took her on a 3700 mile trip, too bad I didn't have the hat to accompany me. I think I've decided to contact him for a quote using your hats as a model, but I think I'd like a brown one with a contrasting ribbon and edge trim, perhaps even a charcoal. What do you think?

I think that sounds wonderful. Go for it ... :cool:

T Rick

Practically Family
Alan, that is a mighty fine looking chapeau, but nothing out of the ordinary for you.

Zetwal and JTL, I been thinking of having Major Mike make me a custom hat and those Stratoliners are winning me over. I actually ride a Stratoliner motorcycle, so I guess it would be fitting. I took her on a 3700 mile trip, too bad I didn't have the hat to accompany me. I think I've decided to contact him for a quote using your hats as a model, but I think I'd like a brown one with a contrasting ribbon and edge trim, perhaps even a charcoal. What do you think?

Sounds great, but I've got to ask. How does one take a hat along on a motorcycle trip? (planning to rebuild my old Sportster in Spring, so this really is of practical interest to me).

suitedcboy

One Too Many
"I really like seeing that Royal Scot, Rodkins. It is very different from mine in that it appears to have a wider brim and wider edge binding. It is a classy hat that looks great on you. "
Mr. P, I totally agree with you. That Royal Scot looks great on Rodkins. The Jazzman is a great hat too.
The Royal Scot's wind binding wide brim in that color is an outstanding look. Maybe the lighting and background has something to do with it too.
I have to cop to being prejudiced to bound edge brims.

JTL, Rodkins, and Alanfgag need to keep their photo presence to a minimum. They are going to push up the price of vintage hats with their hat catalog model looks in their fedoras.
Almost every time they post a photo I think "I HAVE TO HAVE ONE OF THOSE HATS!"
There are others of you too that post some some classically great looking fedora photos that affect me that way.
Good thing the 7 1/8 wide brim bound edge hats jump over my comfort $ threshold too readily these days or I'd have more hats and my spouse would retaliate with more $$$$ horses.

scooter

Practically Family
Hey T Rick, I kinda threw that comment about taking the Strat on the Strat out there as an aside, but I have been exploring a hard case to put on the back of the bike in order to carry a hat with me. Seems unfortunate that in order to practice on of my passions (motorcycle), I have to exclude another. It would seem to be a simple problem to solve.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe