Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

scooter

Practically Family
I recently set my hat down at a work party, and someone apparently picked it up with residue on their fingers and left two faint fingerprints on the underside of the brim. AHHH, lesson learned! Never even occurred to me, (A) that someone would fondle my lid and (B) that it would be noticed as I thought I had set it well out of the way. The other thing that amazes me is how little some people know about handling a hat!!

scooter

Practically Family
As to the original thread content, those white hats are magnificent! And Billy, I wish I wore a hat with the same panache you do! Maybe it's the 'stache!!

rlk

I'll Lock Up
038cd776.jpg
Spectacular glowing Panizza!! I always liked that European bow with upkick on both ends too.:eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap

Aureliano

I'll Lock Up
Spectacular glowing Panizza!! I always liked that European bow with upkick on both ends too.:eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap
Thanks Robert, I love the bow, too. My Blue Barbisio purchased in Roma has the same classic european bow style.. Would you post your white (Ivory) Art beauties on the Got White? thread?

Aureliano

I'll Lock Up
Those white hats are something to behold!... they must also be a little unnerving to hold. Do you take special care touching the felt? I had a hot pastrami sandwich in NYC earlier this week - thought to wash my hands before putting my hat back on... and that was a black hat!

I just make sure my hands don't have food on them. Other than that, I've learned a few things about how to repair/clean/re-stitch/Block-flange; etc my hats, so I don't really worry. Most things, as master hatter who teaches me says, that happen to hats are fairly easy to fix.

Torpedo

One Too Many
Those white hats of yours look like could be soiled just by looking at them! They are magnificent, on the other hand.
Billy, great hat group.
Hatophile, keep the good work...
Lots of nice hats. Congrats gentlemen!

T Rick

Practically Family
Great looking hats guys!

I recently set my hat down at a work party, and someone apparently picked it up with residue on their fingers and left two faint fingerprints on the underside of the brim. AHHH, lesson learned! Never even occurred to me, (A) that someone would fondle my lid and (B) that it would be noticed as I thought I had set it well out of the way. The other thing that amazes me is how little some people know about handling a hat!!

People are so clueless. So much so, that many don't even get how rude it is to "play with" someone's hat. Simply a novelty to them. Just last week in a club, a friend was wearing a nice old Alpine (I think that's the correct term, sort of like a Trilby). Set it on the bar for just a moment and turned his back, and another friend of his grabbed it and put it on in a "hey look at me" sort of adolescent game (we're middle aged). I'd already asked him about the hat as I'd not known him to wear one, and gotten the story. It had been his Grandfather's. Was probably 50 years old or more.

No respect, hat's are just not something people are as exposed to as they once were, so there is a novelty factor. The fact that even civilized men will behave in that manner just speaks to what else society lost around the same time hats were going away from the mainstream. I wonder if there's a connection?

Lloyd

A-List Customer
My western conversion by Optimo for a rainy day in Los Angeles. From the looks of the weather reports I may be wearing this for most of the next week.

OptimoWeternConversionafterrain11-20-102.jpg

DRB

One Too Many
My western conversion by Optimo for a rainy day in Los Angeles. From the looks of the weather reports I may be wearing this for most of the next week.

OptimoWeternConversionafterrain11-20-102.jpg

Lloyd, could you tell us what kind of fur that hat is and color, please? I really, really like that one!

BJ. Nice Biltmore

T Rick, that one looks great. good color and fit.

DanielJones: That looks like the toughest, most rugged, yet beautiful hat you can buy.

Congratulations to all of you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe