Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mario

I'll Lock Up
Yep. 2 3/4. I guess I've tended to do things in the reverse from a lot of people. When I first started to fall prey to fancying fedoras I bought wider brims and then moved to narrower ones. These days I much prefer 2 1/2 or 2 3/8 to 2 3/4, but this Dobbs is a very nice hat and was in great shape so I jumped on it. It is the only Dobbs I have and the only overwelt.

BobC, I think that most of us find that (in most cases) 2.75 is too wide. And I'm not at all surprised that to hear that you have come to the same conclusion.

Sounds familiar to me. I started out with narrow (read: stingy) brims, moved over to wider, mostly 2 3/4" or even 2 7/8" brims and am just now finding that I'm going back to narrower brims. My favorite at the moment is the Louis Custom with 2 1/4". I really dig those 1930's lids. Last night I watched 'After The Thin Man' from 1936 and found myself drooling over all the wonderful hats there...

Last edited:

Mario

I'll Lock Up
Tan Penney's Marathon

penney's_marathon_tan_12_03_10.jpg

delectans

Call Me a Cab
Delectans I agree that is a great shot, except for that white stuff all over it. That is why God gave us the South. John

Thanks, John, and indeed the South is glorious:cheers1:

:D Well... That trusty old Mallory was in heavy demand this past year and is now enjoying a bit of well-earned rest. I don't want it to die of cardiac arrest... ;)

Standing by with the defibrillator:cool:

Last edited:
Thank you! :)

I have to confess that, until very recently, the brim actually sported a binding... :D

A courageous move and judging from the photo, nicely done. I am a big fan of old hats with a raw edge... when perfectly cut it shows best the fine craftsmanship and quality material. Clear skies!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe