Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Neophyte

My Mail is Forwarded Here
jimmy the lid said:
Is that "re"-blocked, or "knee"-blocked? :D

Given your new blocking technique, I'm thinking we should be calling you "Knee-o-phyte"...lol

Oh, you clever......

No, Sam at EA tells me he is able to reblock the hat before sending it to me. My methods have worked for me so far, but my current CD has developed a bit of taper, only on the back, but I knew it would happen. It's alright, though, doesn't bother me none.

At any rate, it looks great JTL, and I really like the bash ya put in it :)

F. G. M. Försterhut

F. G. M. Försterhut

4921449703_d73e90759d_z.jpg

shortbow

Practically Family
Thanks Mav. Kind of you to say so. If I ever get down with these new-fangled digicameras, I'll post a pic. I bet it'll be the most degenerate looking OR ever picture on FD.lol

Jauntyone

Practically Family
mayserwegener said:

Great hat! Is it a wool or fur felt? It looks like the binding is a felt binding rather than a ribbon--very interesting hat.
I'm assuming this is a traditional type of hat that was made for a specific environment--a woodsman's hat, maybe?

Torpedo

One Too Many
Gene, good choice of tie for that very elusive hat colour!

Bart, great family pics. I hope you were not wearing your hat in the last one... ;)

Mwegener, you hat looks like a borderline traditional hunting hat to me - in the sense an Open Road is a borderline cowboy hat. I like it! Strong shade of green - and that fat ribbon!

Speaking of green lids, Jimmy, yours is another winner. That colour seems to be pretty changing depending on lighting.

Well done everybody!

Dreispitz

One Too Many
mayserwegener said:
F. G. M. Försterhut

4921449703_d73e90759d_z.jpg

Nice one, Steve! Here are similar hats in action.

[YOUTUBE]<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/hAraooBkFMI?fs=1&amp;hl=de_DE"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/hAraooBkFMI?fs=1&amp;hl=de_DE" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>[/YOUTUBE]

In case the link does not work, here is another one.

Jauntyone said:
Great hat! Is it a wool or fur felt? It looks like the binding is a felt binding rather than a ribbon--very interesting hat.
I'm assuming this is a traditional type of hat that was made for a specific environment--a woodsman's hat, maybe?

It is a traditional green Forester's hat. It held up great in rain we had in the DC area yesterday. Dreispitz posted a youtube with some in action. I am pretty sure it is made of 100% fur felt. The felt is a heather green and very thick with a super wide felt ribbon / bow (also felt binding) probably late 1950s. The crown is about 6 inches open with side taper. Also a very comfortable wearing hat.

Dreispitz

One Too Many
mayserwegener said:
Thanks! :) I also have one by Wegener but this one is really great. I couldn't find anything on the maker though.

Hm, I checked the web. The only references are previous posts of yours. [huh]

AlanC

My Mail is Forwarded Here
FL's Most Popular Thread

A tip of the hat to the most popular thread on the Lounge, over 25,000 posts and over 1 million (!) views. Who would have suspected when it all began three years ago?

Today, sporting my new VS "Stratoliter" on its maiden voyage:

img2265f.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lukken