Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mingoslim

Practically Family
My 14 Year Old Daughter said . . .

I looked like Indiana Jones . . .
She meant it as a compliment. And one thing I know; any time your tennager compliments you, you should embrace the compliment and be happy ;)

112307a.jpg

airforceindy

One of the Regulars
Tango Yankee said:
Today I wore my dark green Champ.

22Nov07Champ.jpg

Some great hats on display, as usual.

Carter, love that Taos!

Cheers,
Tom

PS I'd have posted this in the "Show us your overcoats" thread, but apparently it's for non-leather coats only. I got this one a couple of weeks ago at BCF for my birthday. :)

Tom, do I spy a USAF Retired emblem on you license plate?

Regards, Andy

DOUGLAS

My Mail is Forwarded Here
indycop said:
Douglas great hat :eusa_clap , and don't let that one get appropriated!!:eek: :)

At just over 100 lb. My wife has got a long way before she will be able to fit into this one;) But stranger things have happened:rolleyes:

JtL, The 3X is terrific and is one of Stetson's best,IMO

airforceindy

One of the Regulars
my newest hat

2056981589_cde3363993.jpg

2056980929_abb5c0d3a4.jpg

2057764840_0d62cc3a93.jpg

Heres my new-to-me Dobbs. Snap brim, no idea how old it is; the sweat is NOT real leather, so it can't be THAT old. However, it's comfortable, the felt feels nice, and the wife likes it:) That always helps. Think I'm gonna switchout the braid for a 1.5" ribbon, though. Sorry for the 'deer in the headlights' look. I think I'm still suffering from a bit of a turkey hangover!

Regards, Andy

indycop

I'll Lock Up
airforceindy said:
2056981589_cde3363993.jpg

2056980929_abb5c0d3a4.jpg

2057764840_0d62cc3a93.jpg

Heres my new-to-me Dobbs. Snap brim, no idea how old it is; the sweat is NOT real leather, so it can't be THAT old. However, it's comfortable, the felt feels nice, and the wife likes it:) That always helps. Think I'm gonna switchout the braid for a 1.5" ribbon, though. Sorry for the 'deer in the headlights' look. I think I'm still suffering from a bit of a turkey hangover!

Regards, Andy
I think it would look good with 1.5 in brown ribbon!

carter

I'll Lock Up
Douglas, Thanks for reminding me why I like the Open Road so much. Great photos of a great hat!

Mingoslim, That Stetson looks terrific!

Airforceindy, Now that you have your first fedora and your wife likes it, you are on the path to great headgear. Looks good on you.

Deelovely and Indycop, I have this vision of that Howie Mandel show (what's the name?) except the models are all holding tiny coffins rather than cases. "Vanessa, Open case number 13."

RBH

Bartender
Kilroy I have to say you are looking rather sharp in that first photo!:eusa_clap

Mongo and Douglas you both show why the thin ribbons look so great! :eusa_clap

:eusa_clap Betty looking GOOD! :D

Karol, you need to be wearing your Adventurebilt! :D

KilroyCD

One Too Many
RBH said:
Kilroy I have to say you are looking rather sharp in that first photo!:eusa_clap
Thanks RBH! The second photo was actually a joke. Must have flopped, because nobody commented on it. [huh] It was taken at a living history event where I was portraying an Air Raid Warden, and I was wearing my helmet (aka OCD all-steel Bowler with 2.5" snap-brim).

Fatdutchman

Practically Family
I thought it was funny. ;)

I THINK I still have my grandfather's CD helmet somewhere...his was silver aluminum and of the "cap" style. Don't know the date...'60's, I guess.

RBH

Bartender
KilroyCD said:
Thanks RBH! The second photo was actually a joke. Must have flopped, because nobody commented on it. [huh] It was taken at a living history event where I was portraying an Air Raid Warden, and I was wearing my helmet (aka OCD all-steel Bowler with 2.5" snap-brim).
I noticed the 2nd photo ...but something about the 1st just grabbed my attention.:D

I kind of thought it was maybe from a special event type deal, I do have to say its a pretty neat outfit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe