Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

rlk

I'll Lock Up
deenis said:
rlk and Scott, I assume that xxxxx equates to beaver fur right? That hat looks very durable.
Not sure what the Beaver content is. The XX... hats all seem to be a fairly thick felt with a short Velour or "Suede" finish though. The Roll-up traveler hats seem to share this finish frequently.

Wegener Biber

Wegener Biber

4506660574_e0f885c576_b.jpg

ScottF

Call Me a Cab
Oppenheimer's Stetson western

Like CRH and a few others here, I've always been interested in the hat Oppenheimer wore, and I was also convinced that it was NOT an Open Road - the 3-row cord silk band was the first clue. While out with a buddy today, we were talking about Oppenheimer for some reason, and I realized that I might accidentally have stumbled upon his hat style - I pulled the '40s Stetson San Fran off my head and re-bashed it. Here's the result:

OppenMe.jpg

robert-oppenheimer-life-portrait.jpg

Mr E Train

One Too Many
ScottF said:
Like CRH and a few others here, I've always been interested in the hat Oppenheimer wore, and I was also convinced that it was NOT an Open Road - the 3-row cord silk band was the first clue. While out with a buddy today, we were talking about Oppenheimer for some reason, and I realized that I might accidentally have stumbled upon his hat style - I pulled the '40s Stetson San Fran off my head and re-bashed it. Here's the result:

OppenMe.jpg

That's fantastic, Scott! You always take a great picture.

By the way, I always loved this photo of Oppenheimer's hat hanging outside his office.

410S7iWXYQL._SS500_.jpg

Ephraim Tutt

One Too Many
Oppenheimer - the guy who blessed humanity with the A bomb, right? Nice legacy.

Scott - you look terrific in every lid you wear. This one is a stonker! :eusa_clap :eusa_clap

CRH

Call Me a Cab
ScottF said:

Dead ringers!

It looks like that San Fran has come home to pappa. :eusa_clap

Mr. Paladin

My Mail is Forwarded Here
ScottF said:

Scott, you two could be related from the look of the photos. Looks like you might have just hit on the correct hat.

Jauntyone said:
Very nice! That hat-band is just crying out for a colorful feather:D

Good idea! Next time I will wear it with a feather. This hat has some beautiful felt especially the color. It is beaver - rabbit / hare mix with antilope finish.

Ephraim Tutt said:
Mayser, I liked the look of that Fleetwood on you so much that I went and bought one from Johnnyphi. It was all he had left in my size.

Thanks! It is a nice hot weather hat. The brim is a bit tough to snap so probably need to work it with some steam. Retailed for $1.95 back in the early 50s. :)

Mr. Paladin said:
Scott, you two could be related from the look of the photos. Looks like you might have just hit on the correct hat.

:arated: Great historical match! :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap Great photo too!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe