Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

rlk

I'll Lock Up
ScottF said:
after a long day on the range

MillerMe1.jpg
That'll give ya some shade! Nice frayed ribbon:eusa_clap :eusa_clap

jimmy the lid

I'll Lock Up
Lefty said:
Ebay inspiration? I haven't seen that one in a long time. Fantastic. :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap

Thanks, Lefty and Gents! :)

Yup -- the eBay thread got me thinkin'. Plus, this was the lid that I wore for last year's Saturday night dinner at Monteagle. Seemed like a good time for it to make a guest appearance here. ;)

Cheers,
JtL

handlebar bart

Call Me a Cab
indycop said:
Bart you do see all those trees right??:eek: And you remember last Saturday night right??lol

lol lol I also remember two guys with guns and badges letting the bad man virtually chain me to the tree.lol lol lol

Mr E Train

One Too Many
Stetson "The Sovereign" Homburg

Wore my new Stetson homburg that I got from Mr. Lucky on OFAS. 7 3/4 and a near perfect fit. It felt right at home on my head right away.

stetsonnoggin1.jpg

stetsonnoggin2.jpg

Joshbru3

I'll Lock Up
Zanzibarstar said:
Joshbru,
Great hat and great style! I love the tie bar. I'm seeing a lot of things I gotta get in this thread today!

Thanks Zanzibarstar,
I appreciate the compliments. I just started wearing collar bars recently and really feel that they add something to any collar shirt. Ive really been trying to find collar pin shirts with the eyelet holes in the collar because I feel that they look a little nicer. Its VERY difficult to find shirts that accept collar pins, especially ones with a rounded "club" collar. Brooks brothers offers them every once in a while for about $130 per shirt. Otherwise the only other place I have found them are in England. The only good thing about a collar bar is that any collar can accept it except for a English spread collar.

daizawaguy

Call Me a Cab
Selvaggio said:
I'll let Daizawaguy answer for his specific shot, but the technique is called High Dynamic Range - search HDR on Flickr and you will see some examples and discussions of the many ways to achieve it.

Spot on! HDR it is. 3 different exposures taken at the same aperture. Here is a normal shot, followed by a `soft` HDR...

March2010021.jpg

The felt texture has more life and depth in the one below

March2010020_1_2_tonemapped1.jpg

`Hard` HDR is best for non animal objects, like metal, and gives that depth and character to the steel...it works well on shadowed areas...

March2010024_5_6_tonemapped.jpg

For those interested in HDR, check out stuckincustoms.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe