Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

indycop

I'll Lock Up
J.T.Marcus said:
20 to 25 per season? When I first read those words, I was shocked. Shocked, I say! Only 40 to 50 hats? Then I remembered, there are four "seasons" not just two. Then you have early fall and late fall, early winter and... :D :D :D :D
Wow! At that rate he should pass hatco shortly!!lol lol

Good looking hat Bud!:eusa_clap

Technonut

Practically Family
Great looking lids everyone.... :eusa_clap

I am wearing my trusty Royal Scot on this rainy Portland day... :)

hwt2.jpg

Vintage Betty

My Mail is Forwarded Here
DOUGLAS said:

This really is a great hat.

And I'm not sure if I'm out of line here, but I think this color actually washes out your skin tone, if I may be so bold.

I think your darker hats, the navy blue (especially!) and blacks send my heart a flutter and look terribly dashing.

If you are looking to cull your collection, I hope you consider keeping more of the darker hats, and also this style, which is particularly suited to your face.

***scampers back into her hat box***

Vintage Betty

DOUGLAS

WOW Betty, That is a spectacular Hat and a stunning Suit!!

Thanks for the critique. The wash out may be also be an effect of the type of light in my office. I do understand your comment and it is not the first. I do want a full range of colors for my collection and actively search for the variety I crave.This color is not easy to find and harder to find in its fine condition.

Vintage Betty

DOUGLAS said:
WOW Betty, That is a spectacular Hat and a stunning Suit!!

Thank you so very much! I shipped the hat back, so I will have to wait to take pictures of the hat label. I forgot, I also brought, but didn't wear one of my overcoats. I will have to get around to looking at the suit and shirt label soon.

It's very weird, I could have sworn I've worn this suit before, but the sleeves were waaaaay too long and will need to be shortened. Maybe my arms are shrinking....

I also found many moth holes in this skirt on the bottom, :cry: so I will probably be shortening the skirt length rather than fixing it.

DOUGLAS said:
Thanks for the critique. The wash out may be also be an effect of the type of light in my office. I do understand your comment and it is not the first. I do want a full range of colors for my collection and actively search for the variety I crave.This color is not easy to find and harder to find in its fine condition.

Yep, I agree. However, I must admit a preference to seeing you in dark colors vs light colors. But this is too fine a hat to discard.

And as a shameless plug, I just started another contest over in the Classifieds for a free hat. Enjoy!

Vintage Betty

Marty M.

Vendor
Yeozer!

Vintage Betty said:

You've outdone yourself here Vintage Betty. This is just flat out wonderful. I love how you mixed two strong colors (Red & Blue) together. I love the textures of the hat and jacket. I also love the lines of the hat and how it works with the lines on the front of your coat. And the coat really fits you well. Outstanding. Bravo!
Marty Mathis

Vintage Betty

I wore my new $3.99 hat today. I believe the cording is sisal.

VB edit: Nope, it's synthetic all over the place and than somehow heat-treated to squash all the fibers inside.

Vintage Betty

betty_111607.jpg

BrotherBob

Familiar Face
Betty Baby,

I'm a fool fer yer snood.

Punch out at the Defense Plant, get out of those coveralls and workgloves, do your nails (all 20 of 'em), put on that outfit and meet me at The Tally Ho Tavern on Naaman's Road and we'll put away a bucket of Piels Brothers. I hear Phillies Infielder Granny Hamner might be there and I'll get one of the Tigani Brothers to get you an autograph.

ph_history_timeline06_hamner.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe