Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What hat are you waiting for today?

Bob Roberts

I'll Lock Up
I think you mean Taupe Fawn. I wish they made the Campdraft in Tawny Fawn, 'cause I really like that color.

By the way, my Taupe Fawn Campdraft is by far the stiffest hat I've ever owned, and that includes the cheap wool "cowboy" hats I had when I was a kid. It has softened up somewhat after working the felt by re-shaping the crown and brim a few times, but it's still a bit stiffer than my other Akubras. So, yeah, Akubra's quality control seems to be all over the map, but I can't say I've ever received a "bad" hat.
Yes, that's what I mean. I'm prepared for whatever Sam sends me...

Bob Roberts

I'll Lock Up
Love the Tawny CD! In fact, I really like all the Camp Drafts. The quality is not entirely consistent, but when they make a good one it is really top notch! I think I may have gotten an odd BGCD. The felt is soft enough but doesn't feel anything like the silverbelly or tawny. Much less firm of felt.
I stand corrected it's the Taupe Fawn. I needed a relatively inexpensive open crown to bash around as part of my anger management therapy... my softest CD is the Bluegrass Green also.

RJR

Hat-Motor Cap-Sterkowski Linen_edited.jpg

Waiting on a linen Sterkowski cap for summer.

moontheloon

I'll Lock Up
Pulled the trigger on a Stetson 47 foldable. It's a shangtung hat, but the obvious appeal is the rollability. DelMonico's St Patrick's day coupon was an extra incentive.

beware that the hat that DelMonico has pictured as the shantung 47 is indeed not the hat you ordered ... it is the Original Forty Seven pictured

the shantung 47 doesn't really look anything like that

I'm sure you know that though

Bob Roberts

I'll Lock Up
Be prepared for disappointment

Bought one last year. Would never recommend

As usual, no one listens
I got an earlier O' 47 in Panama straw and its a great hat. Leather sweat too. I think all the new ones incl the roll up are cloth sweats. My other Stetsons with cloth sweats are stretchy and end up fitting a too little roomy.

moontheloon

I'll Lock Up
I got an earlier O' 47 in Panama straw and its a great hat. Leather sweat too. I think all the new ones incl the roll up are cloth sweats. My other Stetsons with cloth sweats are stretchy and end up fitting a too little roomy.

the new ones are a completely different hat than the one you and I have

Bob Roberts

I'll Lock Up
the new ones are a completely different hat than the one you and I have
Is yours a "recent"production? I know its not current. Got mine only abt 2 yrs ago from Hat Country in Pa. Don't kno how long it might have been hanging around. It was on sale for abt $90/$100. It was sold as a 7 and 1/4. Fit big. Chkd inside the sweat and it turned out to be 7 and 3/8. I did the shrinking sweat trick and its fine now

moontheloon

I'll Lock Up
Is yours a "recent"production? I know its not current. Got mine only abt 2 yrs ago from Hat Country in Pa. Don't kno how long it might have been hanging around. It was on sale for abt $90/$100. It was sold as a 7 and 1/4. Fit big. Chkd inside the sweat and it turned out to be 7 and 3/8. I did the shrinking sweat trick and its fine now

mine is an Original forty seven that I got from Rick ... the one that is not made anymore

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe