Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What hat are you waiting for today?

KarlCrow

One Too Many
What an amazing photo! You and the family are looking great sir!

Wow!!!! What a beautiful image Karl. It has everything going for it, beautiful kids, castles and a HAT! It also needs to be cross posted in the "Fedoras Afield" thread.

Beautiful picture,thanks.

Hold on to that weather for next week, Karl. Great looking hat on that family trip there. That's what's wrong with us hat collectors (admit it: we all are): as soon as a picture comes along we are looking for the hat in it (it's like finding Waldo).
typically enough, i posted in the wrong thread, thanks all.

Been on the hunt for one of these for some time.
image.jpeg

Last edited:

moontheloon

I'll Lock Up

Jeremy T Garner

Practically Family
nice job

I like mine to look a little more like this when working with modern felt ... gives it nicer lines and a tighter look ... also widens the crown nicely

just my preference though

0a734fdd61f525bbd924e653c91ea19c.jpg

371cb5fc55b946d7437ccb9425906a9b.jpg
Thanks Moon. I will try and emulate the crown on the photos you just posted. With my first time shaping a crown I wanted to leave everything pretty loose before I tightened everything up and used a little steam.

moontheloon

I'll Lock Up

Bob Roberts

I'll Lock Up
Thanks Moon. I will try and emulate the crown on the photos you just posted. With my first time shaping a crown I wanted to leave everything pretty loose before I tightened everything up and used a little steam.
Makes sense. Too tight a crease and ghost creases can certainly remain if yer not sure of where you wanna be.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CLUless82