Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What do you want for your birthday?

Spatterdash

A-List Customer
My hope would be a particular fedora, one that exactly matches the tan/gray/taupe of my London Fog trench coat. It may be an impossible match, as I've never found that shade of taupe on a hat at all. I've scanned the websites of the Lounge's trusted felt forgers and suppliers but thus far my efforts have gone unrewarded.
I was gonna mention this quest in the Hats section, in the "Do you dream of hats?" thread because I've had a dream about wearing that coat and that hat together, a dream of an outerwear ensemble that went with almost every suit I own, a dream of pure vanity and self-image satisfaction that ended with that frustrating sound coming from my wrist...

Dick Tracy... Come in, Dick Tracy, come in...

mysterygal

Call Me a Cab
my birthday wish is to have a whole day with my hubby without kids!. I'm due for another shopping trip with him, and since he has such impeccable taste, he's a great guy to go out shopping with :D Lately I've been having a need to go out and look through some more vintage clothes shops...I'm very ready to exchange some of the clothes I already have for 40's attire.

Michael Best

New in Town
CW8011.jpg

a 1964 Yellow Vespa

I wanted this little beauty for 5 years now. Never had the extra money to buy her before and probably won't for a few more years but it's won't stop me from dreaming :rolleyes:

imoldfashioned

Call Me a Cab
Let's see, I'll take a couple of those fine posters Cousin Hepcat displayed to start--great graphics!

Add me to the digital camera crowd--I have one but the focus is going wonky on it and it is quite old so no bells and whistles.

Movie posters, original of course--such a long list. Half sheet for After the Thin Man, the French Shanghai Express (last time I saw a copy it was $10k), the French Camille or A Place in the Sun, the insert for Laura...I could go on, but I won't.

roman-marguerite-gauthier-R.jpg

ortega76

Practically Family
For my birthday, I have a short wishlist.

I've got a few DVD sets on my list. I would love a new hat- I'm drooling over a Beaver Brand lid. I'll probably pick one or more of those up on my own. For gifts, I prefer small, sentimental, personal pieces. A card case or a Zippo or a silver cigar tube, preferably engraved. Booze is good. A cigar is fine. Come out to dinner with me or buy me a drink. Any or all of those are fine.

Caledonia

Practically Family
Absinthe makes the heart grow fonder. :D

And for all us soon to be birthday gals - raise a glass - and for goodness sake somebody, please, please, pretty please, send me a gardener that can make the leeks look a bit better than spring onions before the end of the growing season. Oh, and an early 50s Christian Dior suit, and for somebody to explain why my radio has stopped working. Will transfer that to another thread - I'm sure it's a valve.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe