Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What do you want for your birthday?

decodoll

Practically Family
My birthday actually being just around the corner, I recently told my husband that I would like one of these powder puffs. :) I tend to ask for things that are just a little too impractical to buy for myself. I'd say a $45 powder puff qualifies! At least I didn't ask for the $150 powder puff!! lol

puffs.jpg

It also works out well that he only has to travel a few blocks from home to get it!

Cousin Hepcat

Practically Family
Marc Chevalier said:
decodoll said:
ok...yes, perhaps they could have laid out that photo a little differently!! :eusa_doh:
No no no -- they're just fine the way they are
you people are so juvenile. :)

I just PM'ed a lounge member about a batch of posters I just found: I'd really love to have one of each! If each lounge member could PM me and I'll give you my address to send one to, it would be greatly appreciated. :D

hines~Earl-Hines-His-Grand-Terrace-Orchestra-Pearl-Theatre-PA-1929-Posters.jpg
___
JAE117~Jimmie-Lunceford-Posters.jpg

armst~Louis-Armstrong-Connie-s-Inn-NYC-1935-Posters.jpg
___
dizzy~Dizzy-Gillespie-The-Royal-Roost-NYC-1948-Posters.jpg

monk~Thelonius-Monk-Town-Hall-NYC-1959-Posters.jpg
___
elling~Duke-Ellington-His-Orchestra-Graystone-Ballroom-NYC-1933-Posters.jpg

callow~Cab-Calloway-His-Cotton-Club-Orchestra-Cotton-Club-NYC-1931-Posters.jpg
___
JAE118~Glenn-Miller-Posters.jpg

Swing High,
- C H

FedoraGent

One Too Many
As I feel that the last thread went ahead and inspired..

Well as my birthday is next month (Sept 30th) I believe that I would want...

1. A Moleskin and a Fountain Pen with an wax imprinter with my initials.
2. An 1934 Ford Cabriolet. Navy Blue with a Dark Tan interior with Zero Miles
3. Myrna Loy in the passenger seat.
4. An Personalized Autograph of Duke Ellington's 1956 Live at Newport LP.
5. Jeannette Macdonald to sing me Happy Birthday
6. BOOZE with an Art Deco Martini and Shaker set.
7. A Victrola that I don't have to fix every 5 stinking minutes.
8. A Home with Full Vintage Decorations.
9. World Peas. String if you will.

Not that I want all of that at the same time, just one of them. I'll settle for and in this order...6, 1, 7, 8 and who can resist the World Peas.

FG.

Dixon Cannon

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Nikon D2Hs Professional Digital SLR Camera

Nikon introduces a professional digital SLR camera that delivers high speed, high precision, and improved handling for action photography: the Nikon D2Hs. Capable of shooting at 8 fps for a continuous burst of up to 50 images at 4.1 effective megapixels, the D2Hs inherits the best of its predecessors while also benefiting from new technologies and advances made with the new D2X.

b59f73b0.jpg

Another feature adopted from D2X development is support for GPS devices, which can be connected using the optional new MC-35 cable to include in the shooting data information such as latitude, longitude and altitude at the time of capture.

Bundled with the D2Hs is PictureProject, an easy-to-use software application for managing, editing and sharing image files. The D2Hs is also compatible with Nikon’s own photo-finishing application Nikon Capture 4 version 4.2.1 (optional), a convenient tool for professional photographers. Nikon Capture 4 version 4.2.1 has been enhanced with faster processing, improvements to image processing functions, as well as several new functions.

The design of the camera’s ergonomic styling is adopted from one created by famed industrial designer Giorgetto Giugiaro exclusively for a new generation of Nikon camera.

Features:

4.1 Effective Megapixel: 4.1 Effective Megapixel Nikon original JFET imaging sensor LBCAST for high-resolution images (2,464 X 1,632 pixels). New ASIC reduces noise and greatly improves image quality.

Increased Buffer Capacity: For continuous shooting allows 40 RAW (NEF) shots and up to 50 JPEG images for demanding action photographers.
Advanced 3D-Color Matrix Metering II: Offers more refined exposure evaluation algorithms and a larger database for difficult-to-meter scenes.
Improved Wireless Capabilities: With added support for Nikon WT-2A Wireless Transmitter offering improved transfer speeds up to 54mbs using 802.11g technology and easier connection settings with FTP + PTP/IP for wireless camera control using latest Nikon Capture 4.2 software.

GPS Support: Offers connection with GPS devices that comply with the NMEA 0183 interface standard to record latitude, longitude, altitude and UTC data
Multi-CAM 2000 AF Sensor Module : 11 Sensors, 9 that are cross-type, effectively cover the majority of the image area and provied razor-sharp focus. Limitless possibilities. See the action. Keep it all in focus. Refined AF system includes revisions to lens drive algorithms to improve focus precision subject acquisition and subject tracking.

Improved AWB (Automatic White Balance): Precision and consistency offers better results when shooting under lighting lower color temperatures and improved consistency when shooting with Speedlights.

Supports the sYCC color space: Offers wider color gamut when printing JPEG to sYCC compatible printers.

Nikon Creative Lighting System: When used with the Nikon SB-800 and SB-600 Speedlights, the D2Hs maximizes the potential of the Nikon Creative Lighting System with high precision flash performance including i-TTL flash control and support for Nikon’s Advanced Wireless Lighting, FP High-Speed Sync, Modeling flash and more!

Other Improvements: Faster memory increases speed of image writing to CF card. Improved battery life for even better performance.
I
n the Box -- Supplied Accessories: Li-ion Battery EN-EL4, Quick Charger MH-21, Body Cap, Camera Strap AN-D2Hs, AV Cable EG-D2, USB Cable UC-E4, LCD Monitor Cover BM-3, Nikon View Software CD-ROM.

-dixon cannon

FedoraGent

One Too Many
Dixon Cannon said:
Nikon introduces a professional digital SLR camera that delivers high speed, high precision, and improved handling for action photography: the Nikon D2Hs. Capable of shooting at 8 fps for a continuous burst of up to 50 images at 4.1 effective megapixels, the D2Hs inherits the best of its predecessors while also benefiting from new technologies and advances made with the new D2X.

Another feature adopted from D2X development is support for GPS devices, which can be connected using the optional new MC-35 cable to include in the shooting data information such as latitude, longitude and altitude at the time of capture.

Bundled with the D2Hs is PictureProject, an easy-to-use software application for managing, editing and sharing image files. The D2Hs is also compatible with Nikon’s own photo-finishing application Nikon Capture 4 version 4.2.1 (optional), a convenient tool for professional photographers. Nikon Capture 4 version 4.2.1 has been enhanced with faster processing, improvements to image processing functions, as well as several new functions.

The design of the camera’s ergonomic styling is adopted from one created by famed industrial designer Giorgetto Giugiaro exclusively for a new generation of Nikon camera.

Features:

4.1 Effective Megapixel: 4.1 Effective Megapixel Nikon original JFET imaging sensor LBCAST for high-resolution images (2,464 X 1,632 pixels). New ASIC reduces noise and greatly improves image quality.

Increased Buffer Capacity: For continuous shooting allows 40 RAW (NEF) shots and up to 50 JPEG images for demanding action photographers.
Advanced 3D-Color Matrix Metering II: Offers more refined exposure evaluation algorithms and a larger database for difficult-to-meter scenes.
Improved Wireless Capabilities: With added support for Nikon WT-2A Wireless Transmitter offering improved transfer speeds up to 54mbs using 802.11g technology and easier connection settings with FTP + PTP/IP for wireless camera control using latest Nikon Capture 4.2 software.

GPS Support: Offers connection with GPS devices that comply with the NMEA 0183 interface standard to record latitude, longitude, altitude and UTC data
Multi-CAM 2000 AF Sensor Module : 11 Sensors, 9 that are cross-type, effectively cover the majority of the image area and provied razor-sharp focus. Limitless possibilities. See the action. Keep it all in focus. Refined AF system includes revisions to lens drive algorithms to improve focus precision subject acquisition and subject tracking.

Improved AWB (Automatic White Balance): Precision and consistency offers better results when shooting under lighting lower color temperatures and improved consistency when shooting with Speedlights.

Supports the sYCC color space: Offers wider color gamut when printing JPEG to sYCC compatible printers.

Nikon Creative Lighting System: When used with the Nikon SB-800 and SB-600 Speedlights, the D2Hs maximizes the potential of the Nikon Creative Lighting System with high precision flash performance including i-TTL flash control and support for Nikon’s Advanced Wireless Lighting, FP High-Speed Sync, Modeling flash and more!

Other Improvements: Faster memory increases speed of image writing to CF card. Improved battery life for even better performance.
I
n the Box -- Supplied Accessories: Li-ion Battery EN-EL4, Quick Charger MH-21, Body Cap, Camera Strap AN-D2Hs, AV Cable EG-D2, USB Cable UC-E4, LCD Monitor Cover BM-3, Nikon View Software CD-ROM.

-dixon cannon

Couldn't you just say you wanted a camera? LOL.

FG.

FedoraGent

One Too Many
Cotton Candy

decodoll said:
My birthday actually being just around the corner, I recently told my husband that I would like one of these powder puffs. :) I tend to ask for things that are just a little too impractical to buy for myself. I'd say a $45 powder puff qualifies! At least I didn't ask for the $150 powder puff!! lol

puffs.jpg

It also works out well that he only has to travel a few blocks from home to get it!

Sorry, but doesn't it look a bit like cotton candy?

Dixon Cannon

Oh yeh, and this too..

Ludwig Drums 26,18,16,15,14,13

e2c8785f.jpg

Sizes - 14" x 26" / 16" x 18"/ 14" x 16" / 12" x 15" / 10" x 14" / 9" x 13"

Badges - 193xxxx 191xxxx 191xxxx 195xxxx 195xxxx 191xxxx

Badges are all tight to wrap, a scratch or two, they look great.

Shells are all 6 ply maple shells, Bearings edges on all drums are good on batter side but may have a small nick or two from the lack of drum head on the resonate side of each drum but nothing to be overly concerned about.Shells are round and no major issues.

Chrome Chrome is in great shape no rust other than maybe the 18" bottom floor tom hoop having a 8" streak but not bad and maybe a few tiny spots here or there,the clip mount stand nut has some rust.There are some normal scratches and pin point pitting on various lugs and tention rods but very faint.

Wrap Mahogany Cortex - No seam lift at all -each drum has a few scuffs on wrap but not noticable from 3 foot back or further.Cortex wrap is just about bullet proof.

Toms The 14,15, and 16 were concert toms converted into two headed drums with 100% ludwig 70's harware.The 13" tom has no hoop,lugs,tention rods but are easily accessable on ebay.13" does have clip mount and badge.

Extra holes 16" floor tom has 4 Xtra holes where clip mount was removed (see photo with floortoms)

Extra holes 26" Bass drum has extra holes where prior owner installed newer style ludwig legs on bass drum creating 3 extra holes near one leg and 5 extra holes by the other leg {See photos).I removed them and easily installed original base drum spurs.All extra holes can easily be filled and do not affect structure of drum nor the sound nor are they visible with original leg mounts on.I imagine if this were a 3ply shell it might be an issue but being a 6 ply it's not.

100% original 1970's Ludwig other than the Bass drum hoops which are not original but are brand new also drum heads.

L arm cymbal mount on top of bass drum looks to be an add on which one could remove and install a double Tom mount and move L arm cymbal holder to their liking or remove it all together.

Heads Top heads on all 4 toms are new coated emporers,14,15,16 bottoms are new clear embassadors and bottom 18 tom head is a used ludwig rocker.The 26 heads are used as you can tell but very playable.I used Aquarian super kick II on this 26 and it has some serious punch.

-dixon cannon

Dixon Cannon

.... and while we're at it!!!...

Papa51 Thunder Mustang..

8141ffdc.jpg

Thunder Mustang N53GB Total Time Airframe and Engine 130 hours. First flown 2001. Never damaged. NAVCOMM, GPS, XPNDR, INTERCOMM, S-TEC-30 autopilot with altitude hold. Many spare parts including 2 canopies, oil tank, gear doors, ailerons, flap, etc. Many engine spare parts, sheepskin seats, aircraft cover, parachute and hard hat. Asking $575,000.

Polyhistor

Familiar Face
That would be nice to have:

330.jpg

- in jetglo (black) though...but apart from that I really can´t think of anything.

Regards, A.

Dixon Cannon

Well hey FG...

FedoraGent said:
Couldn't you just say you wanted a camera? LOL.

FG.

If you're gonna buy me a B-day gift this year, we want to make sure you get the right one!! Don't forget the GPS Support: Offers connection with GPS devices that comply with the NMEA 0183 interface standard to record latitude, longitude, altitude and UTC data, that's the important part!! :p

-dixon cannon

Naama

Practically Family
TommySalieri said:
A new girlfriend. :eusa_doh:

Polyhister said:
I didn´t want to be the first to write it...but add that to my list!

I want a man!
Maybe we should team up or something :D

Oh yes, and I want my camera back!!!! I need it even more than a man, I guess!

Naama

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe