Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Do You Think of This Ribbon Treatment?

Brent Hutto

One of the Regulars
I'm not in love with the electric-blue on dark brown color combination but what do you think about the style of ribbon on this Borsallino Gazella?

BORSALINO-GAZELL-BRN.jpg

There's presumably not a whole blue ribbon behind the brown one but that's sort of the appearance it gives. I kind of like the thin line of a contrasting ribbon peeking out from behind the main hat-band.

Aureliano

I'll Lock Up
I like it, minus the golden logo. I'd never wear it but I think it looks ok. Worth & Worth has a couple of hats at their shop with the same structure.

Last edited:

1961MJS

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Hi

I like the IDEA of a two colored or bordered ribbon. I'm traditional enough that blue and brown don't go together. I also don't much like Stingy brimmed hats.

If that was a Silver mist Fedora with a 2 3/4 brim, Wine ribbon with black trim, well that would be just great.

Later

Brent Hutto

One of the Regulars
Wine w/black would be good, that's basically an inverse of the brown w/light blue arrangement. I also thought about having gray or silver peek out from behind a brown ribbon, not as untraditional (or as eye-catching) as the brown w/blue. For my taste even something conservative like a dark brown ribbon with a bit of lighter brown (maybe a mocha or cafe-au-lait color) peeking out.

But Wine w/black would be very classy.

Cliffnopus

One of the Regulars
Hi

I like the IDEA of a two colored or bordered ribbon. I'm traditional enough that blue and brown don't go together. I also don't much like Stingy brimmed hats.

If that was a Silver mist Fedora with a 2 3/4 brim, Wine ribbon with black trim, well that would be just great.

Later

:arated: Yup, what he said.

Cliff

jlee562

I'll Lock Up
I'm with Aureliano, I like it. I wouldn't personally wear a brown hat with a blue stripe like that, but I like the idea. It's the gold Borso logo that is throwing me off.

job

One Too Many
For a stingy brim fedora I love it. I would not think to add blue to brown but in small amounts it works. Stetson used brown and blue combinations on the Tehachapi.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
billmacsworld