Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Did You Drink Last Night?

Ethan Bentley said:
jamespowers said:
I hope you mean the recipe for the Corpse Reviver not the smoke and mirrors horror. Whoever thought to put both Campari and Cynar together in a cocktail ought to be shot.

Don't get me started...
Suze chaser anyone?

I recently tried The Bitter Truth's "Xlixier" rather bitter that but I'd have it over Campari any day.

That is not saying much considering I would rather drink Hemlock than Campari or Cynar. :p

Fletch

I'll Lock Up
?!

Hemlock is invariably fatal.

Campari tastes worse than most cough remedies, but is stylish as all hell, can be mixed with tonic water to make it palatable, and has sponsored some of the greatest ads ever.

Fortunato-Depero-Squisito-al-selz-Campari-1926.jpg
1931_campari_depero.jpg
3558923681_5f837aa16d.jpg

depero_fortunato_320_336-1.jpg
...all by the great Fortunato Depero

Ethan Bentley

One Too Many
Fletch said:
Hemlock is invariably fatal.

Campari tastes worse than most cough remedies, but is stylish as all hell, can be mixed with tonic water to make it palatable, and has sponsored some of the greatest ads ever.

1 part Campari 10 parts Gomme Syrup is just about palatable.

But, in seriousness, you are right it is rather stylish, I just wish they focused on flavour more. lol

Boodles

A-List Customer
Take note Mr. Rumblefish!

This may be my last jar of Elijah Craig 12 as I have yet another "skunky" bottle in hand. Over the past year I've had way too many bottles of this stuff, which was once wonderful (to me), with this skunky taste. No mas. Again, this one has a sort of straw or grass aftertaste. This is not the wheater taste like a Maker's Mark or a Van Winkle bottling.

So, Mr Fish and the others to whom I have tirelessly stumped for this product, I'm quittin' 'em.

Boodles said:
This may be my last jar of Elijah Craig 12 as I have yet another "skunky" bottle in hand. Over the past year I've had way too many bottles of this stuff, which was once wonderful (to me), with this skunky taste. No mas. Again, this one has a sort of straw or grass aftertaste. This is not the wheater taste like a Maker's Mark or a Van Winkle bottling.

So, Mr Fish and the others to whom I have tirelessly stumped for this product, I'm quittin' 'em.

So does it have a medicine like aftertaste or what? Is it overwhelmingly oaky?
I have heard good and bad about EC. I am not a big bourbon fan so....;)
Time for some Wild Turkey then? :D

[YOUTUBE]<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/WOydQFJdx1k&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/WOydQFJdx1k&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>[/YOUTUBE]

Ok, that means I want some Jameson tonight. ;) :p

Wally_Hood

One Too Many
Boodles said:

Hmmmm... my last two drinks were Elijah Craig based. I thought it was fine.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe