Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Did You Drink Last Night?

TheOldFashioned

Call Me a Cab
Celebrating V-Day with the 3-2-1 method. Three shots tequila, two shots orange liqueur, one (heavy) shot lime juice. No sugary filler crap for these house margaritas.
IMG_0943.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_0943.JPG
    IMG_0943.JPG
    698.8 KB · Views: 252

TheOldFashioned

Call Me a Cab
Nothing for the past two weeks since a nasty head cold showed up. The Bulleit Bourbon is so tempting sitting on the bar. A couple more days and I think I will be ready for it.
:D

On the contrary, you should have a nip or two in a hot toddy to help with that cold. I usually mix some tea, honey, lemon, and Jim Beam (no sense wasting the good stuff on a cold.) I prefer the Double Oak variation. Wrap up in a blanket and sweat it out.

On the contrary, you should have a nip or two in a hot toddy to help with that cold. I usually mix some tea, honey, lemon, and Jim Beam (no sense wasting the good stuff on a cold.) I prefer the Double Oak variation. Wrap up in a blanket and sweat it out.
Thought about something like that, but the lemon would be too much for my insanely inflamed sinuses. Instead tonight, I had another one of my simple mixes of ginger ale and Bulleit Bourbon while watching UFC Fight Night.
:D

MisterCairo

I'll Lock Up
Highland Park Viking Honour 12 year old malt.

The funny thing about the Highland Park Viking series is the harsh reviews some give it. They all start out with "I used to love Highland Park" and then they go on "but now they're on this Viking thing, it's a gimmick, etc., etc.".

They trash the malt, but it reminds me of fans of an underground band that makes it big, getting trashed for "selling out".

It's an excellent malt, the label does nothing to the taste!

TheOldFashioned

Call Me a Cab
The funny thing about the Highland Park Viking series is the harsh reviews some give it. They all start out with "I used to love Highland Park" and then they go on "but now they're on this Viking thing, it's a gimmick, etc., etc.".

They trash the malt, but it reminds me of fans of an underground band that makes it big, getting trashed for "selling out".

It's an excellent malt, the label does nothing to the taste!

I can see both sides of this. This used to pretty much be a standard in my cabinet before the marketing "gimmick." I considered it a great value for the money, able to get it for ~$30-35 for 750ml about five years ago. Now it's almost 2x. As such, I've expanded to other options. I still love the taste, but not keen on paying double just for a new shaped bottle and label. Credit to them, however, for being it to pull it off.

MisterCairo

I'll Lock Up
I can see both sides of this. This used to pretty much be a standard in my cabinet before the marketing "gimmick." I considered it a great value for the money, able to get it for ~$30-35 for 750ml about five years ago. Now it's almost 2x. As such, I've expanded to other options. I still love the taste, but not keen on paying double just for a new shaped bottle and label. Credit to them, however, for being it to pull it off.

I received it as a Valentine's gift, so will have to check to see what the wife paid! One thing to avoid paying higher prices, but some reviews were SO harsh on the taste! I find it hard to believe a distillery will change its methods or materials to such an extent the product changed so much. Again, I have no background with it for comparison.

Like what I have though!

I don't know anything about the Viking series but both Highland Park & Macallan took a rap when they both switched from aging in first fill Sherry casks & raised prices at the same time. They both claimed there was a shortage of Sherry casks, but the "shortage" didn't seem to effect other Distilleries. They switched to aging in Oak casks calling the new product their Oak series. That is likely the reason behind the "gimmick" comments since. I bought some of their Oak series after the switch, found it to just be okay, & at the new price point there is better out there so I have not bought any Highland Park or Macallan since then.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
billmacsworld