Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Did You Drink Last Night?

We spent the last week at Folly Beach and Charleston, SC. One night we went out to eat at Shim Creek. They had an "oyster martini" on the menu, so (naturally) I just had to try one.

I like raw oysters. I like a good vodka martini. I like cocktail sauce to eat with oysters. However, put them all together into a drink and, well, not that good. But, I was the only one at the table who had the guts to get one, and to drink it down to the last drop.

First, I applaud your adventurous spirit. Secondly, I'm always amused at people who say things like "you like this, that and the other, so you'll like this combination." No. It doesn't work that way. I like avocado, lobster and chocolate ice cream. But mixing them together does not appeal to me. At all.

Big Man

My Mail is Forwarded Here
First, I applaud your adventurous spirit. Secondly, I'm always amused at people who say things like "you like this, that and the other, so you'll like this combination." No. It doesn't work that way. I like avocado, lobster and chocolate ice cream. But mixing them together does not appeal to me. At all.

Yeah, after finishing my oyster martini, I wanted to go out in the parking lot and find a piece of dog crap to chew on just to get the taste of that oyster martini out of my mouth. However, I would NEVER let the rest of the folks at the table know that. Heck, I even started to order another one. That's just me, I guess . [huh]

My beer is warm. The power briefly went out at some point while I was at work today and my outdoor refrigerator did not reset itself. Right now, I am settling for one of Lady ToE's Tangerine Wheat Beers. She's not even a big fan of them and I am even less so.
:D

I hope at least it's cold!

Yesterday when I got home there were a couple of St. Pauli Girls waiting in the garage fridge. Very cool ones, too.

My beer is warm. The power briefly went out at some point while I was at work today and my outdoor refrigerator did not reset itself. Right now, I am settling for one of Lady ToE's Tangerine Wheat Beers. She's not even a big fan of them and I am even less so.
:D

Ewwwwww! :puke:
Well, I guess it could be worse. My friend had Corona LIGHT beer on Saturday. It was so weak and fizzy that my son mistook it for soda. :doh: So much for teaching him a lesson about drinking beer at an early age. He liked it! You can’t get them to say Ewww to a girl beer. :doh: I should have had some of that nasty wheat stuff handy.

Awwwwww, come on! :D

Ok, here you go:
00000_3dufxn46i0O_600x450.jpg

dnjan

One Too Many
Well, I guess it could be worse. My friend had Corona LIGHT beer on Saturday. It was so weak and fizzy that my son mistook it for soda. :doh: So much for teaching him a lesson about drinking beer at an early age. He liked it! You can’t get them to say Ewww to a girl beer. :doh: I should have had some of that nasty wheat stuff handy.

I refer to that (along with the other LIGHT beers as "Cra_ Lite".

I was at a local establishment a while back and saw some of my students sitting together, working on homework. This establishment always has at least 4 taps dedicated to good, German beer, plus another 4 serving local micro's. Unfortunately, one of the students was drinking a bottle of one of those Lite things. So I walked over and tore into one of the other students, asking him how he could let a friend drink Cra_ Lite!

Fast forward to last Friday - One of those guys mentioned above was getting married and the former Lite drinker was best man. During the best man's toast, he was talking of times the guys had spent together, and somehow worked in how he had been chastised for drinking Cra_ Lite.
(They only had decent beer at the wedding reception.)

Makes a professor proud, when the students actually learn something!

I refer to that (along with the other LIGHT beers as "Cra_ Lite".

I was at a local establishment a while back and saw some of my students sitting together, working on homework. This establishment always has at least 4 taps dedicated to good, German beer, plus another 4 serving local micro's. Unfortunately, one of the students was drinking a bottle of one of those Lite things. So I walked over and tore into one of the other students, asking him how he could let a friend drink Cra_ Lite!

Fast forward to last Friday - One of those guys mentioned above was getting married and the former Lite drinker was best man. During the best man's toast, he was talking of times the guys had spent together, and somehow worked in how he had been chastised for drinking Cra_ Lite.
(They only had decent beer at the wedding reception.)

Makes a professor proud, when the students actually learn something!

Good to know that Academia has my back. :p

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe