Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Did You Drink Last Night?

Yeah that part about everyone else knowing who he was, did seem a bit odd.

"Gosh the Chief sure takes off a lot during certain parts of the year, but since we don't have a lot of fires, I guess it's okay. BTW does anyone else find it odd he doesn't want anyone smoking around him?" ;)

BTW depends on the type of wine you drink, and if you are allergic to sulfites or not.
I've found $16-17 dollars a bottle and up seem to give me less of a headache. For the past year I've stayed with that range if not a bit higher (into the $22-23 dollars a bottle).

Maybe I am allergic to sulfites because I don't ever drink cheap wine---that is for winos and bums. :p
As my friend used to say:
"Does your liver know you are an idiot yet?" :p

bulldog1935

Suspended
smoked an Illusione Epernay le Petite and sipped neat Matusalem 18-y-o.
While you worry with spirits about them oxidizing after you open the cork, dark rums just get better with age and a little air.
I've had HC7, Varadero, but I'll put the expatriate rum up against them any day - and have.
A couple of other good neat rums are Barbancourt, Cruzan Single Barrel.

Hi John, through this site, I've learned a little about Vermouth, tried both sweet and dry of a decent, but no too expensive a brand. I just plain don't like it for some reason. There are only a few things I don't like to drink, Vermouth, Vodka, Limoncello, Brandy, and cheap scotch.
Limoncello is the weird one because I love lemons, lemonade, lemon cake, lemon pie, lemon drops, etc, but it was like drinking lemon pledge... Later

Putting flavors into an alcohol based liquor or cordial and even an apertife takes some skill. There are tons of poorly made ones. I can't fathom flavored vodkas, rums, bourbons, etc. Especially vodka it is supposed to be as flavorless as possible by defenition.

m0nk

One Too Many
Putting flavors into an alcohol based liquor or cordial and even an apertife takes some skill. There are tons of poorly made ones. I can't fathom flavored vodkas, rums, bourbons, etc. Especially vodka it is supposed to be as flavorless as possible by defenition.
Not to mention that with a good dry Martini, you're not supposed to taste the Vermouth anyway. The best dry martini is made as such:

Shake 2 1/4 oz of chilled Gin with large ice; pour 1/2 oz of Dry Vermouth into the glass, then swirl, and immediately pour out; then strain the Gin into the glass. Add either lemon peel, cocktail onion, or olive.

There are other variations, such as "gently blow over the top of the Dry Vermouth bottle towards the glass" or "pour a few drops of Dry Vermouth into the lid, then pour away; take the lid and circle it around the top of the glass" etc...

Last edited:
Not to mention that with a good dry Martini, you're not supposed to taste the Vermouth anyway. The best dry martini is made as such:

Shake 2 1/4 oz of chilled Gin with large ice; pour 1/2 oz of Dry Vermouth into the glass, then swirl, and immediately pour out; then strain the Gin into the glass.

The next line shouel then read "into the trash." :p

I actually add vermouth this way:
martini-mister-being-used.jpg

Gregg Axley

I'll Lock Up
I have seen some nice wine with what can only be described as a glass nipple.
The only one I can think of at the moment is an Italian wine called Cusumano.

1961MJS

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Well at least it had a cork then. :p
Screw tops are for high end wines like Sutter Home. :rofl:

Hi

I used to work with a retired USAF Master Sergeant who said that he always sniffed the cardboard on the box wines to be sure it was fresh. He as SUCH a connoisseur. I haven't had box wines in 20 years, I got in the habit of just opening the refrigerator and just getting a gulp...

Later

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe