Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Did You Drink Last Night?

Gregg Axley

I'll Lock Up
Reserve Grand Veneur 2010.
I have 2 others from the Cotes Du Rhone area that have good reviews, so I'll see sometime this week.
Although I've been drinking some Irish Liquor that has 2 chambers in an odd shaped bottle, and then the wine.
Makes for a short evening. :D

kiwilrdg

A-List Customer
It isn't quite as bad as it used to be. I remember the original like that but recently I tasted it and it was more subdued. You knew it was the Frog but wasn't like licking one. Malt Advocate said that they have dialed it back over the last few years because it was over the top. It is now drinkable to me when it wasn't about five years ago. I will say that it does still smell the same. It nearly knocked out Rue at the QM.

I think it is more a case of your taste changing. I have bottles of single malt that I brought back from Scotland about 25 years ago. Some of the ones that I thought were really harsh then I find quite mellow today. The more whisky you drink, the more your taste for it grows.

I think it is more a case of your taste changing. I have bottles of single malt that I brought back from Scotland about 25 years ago. Some of the ones that I thought were really harsh then I find quite mellow today. The more whisky you drink, the more your taste for it grows.

I doubt that is the case as I tend to like harsh as opposed to wierd briny, peaty, iodine tasting stuff. :p

kiwilrdg

A-List Customer
I doubt that is the case as I tend to like harsh as opposed to wierd briny, peaty, iodine tasting stuff.

That is actually why I said that as you get accustomed to the taste it seems less strong. I am sure you like it more every time you drink it as well.

That is actually why I said that as you get accustomed to the taste it seems less strong. I am sure you like it more every time you drink it as well.

Nah, the distillery itself has changed the recipe. It was much worse before. I have spoken to several people who have noticed the difference as well. It ain't what it used to be and that is better for me. It still smells to high heaven though. lol lol

000_8317.jpg

kiwilrdg

A-List Customer
Then I guess I will need to be real slow in drinking that old bottle I have on the shelf.
Probably because of the taste.

I like the seaweedy peat smoke taste. Reminds me of sitting in an old cot house on the coast with a peat fire in the fireplace.

1961MJS

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Hi

I went to a bar called Tapwerks, where they have a LOT of beers on tap and many more bottled. I started at the left end and am working my way to the right. The left tap is Tripel Karmeliet, which I hope to never drink again. It's too sweet, I like sweet tea, Coke, Pepsi, but somehow Sugary beer just didn't work for me.

The Spaten Oktoberfest and Premium Lager were good though.

later

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe