Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What are you wearing today??

chanteuseCarey

Call Me a Cab
great garb...

Nick D, Wonderful outfit as usual. Love the facial hair btw, it really suits you.

But frankly, the long hair on you- whether its loose or in a pony tail spoils your look (JMHO). It detracts from the rest. A more cleaned up, neatly shorn shorter hairstyle would go better with how everything else you've got going is so nattily pulled together. Just for the record, your hair is great, and a terrific color too. But it needs to be cut dear.

My DH had long hair pony tailed, parted in the middle when we first met. It was tremendously improved with a GOOD haircut by a barber who truly knew what he was doing.

For myself, getting the hairstyle right is my biggest challenge! I just don't have 1940s hair. I know the whole look I'm working on will be VERY much improved when I get my own coiffure finally figured out!

Nick D said:
'40s suit
'30s (?) tie
'30s Ingersoll watch
Vintage Rocola collar
Unknown black fedora (label gone)

DSC09400.jpg

ClaraB

One of the Regulars
chanteuseCarey said:
But frankly, the long hair on you- whether its loose or in a pony tail spoils your look (JMHO). It detracts from the rest. A more cleaned up, neatly shorn shorter hairstyle would go better with how everything else you've got going is so nattily pulled together. Just for the record, your hair is great, and a terrific color too. But it needs to be cut dear.

I'm going to have to disagree with this. I think the entire look is rather refreshing, hair and all.

Luke 42

One of the Regulars
ClaraB said:
I'm going to have to disagree with this. I think the entire look is rather refreshing, hair and all.

I second that! Although long hair does not look on most guys (believe me, I've been there:rolleyes: ), I think it suits NickD well. It just adds some pizazz..kind of artsy, sophisticated look:eusa_clap

BeBopBaby

One Too Many
Luke 42 said:
I second that! Although long hair does not look on most guys (believe me, I've been there:rolleyes: ), I think it suits NickD well. It just adds some pizazz..kind of artsy, sophisticated look:eusa_clap

I must agree, it lends NickD an air of eccentric mystery. I think it works because he's always so impecably groomed and dressed. Keep up the good work! :eusa_clap

lazydaisyltd

One of the Regulars
chanteuseCarey said:
Nick D, Wonderful outfit as usual. Love the facial hair btw, it really suits you.

My DH had long hair pony tailed, parted in the middle when we first met. It was tremendously improved with a GOOD haircut by a barber who truly knew what he was doing.

For myself, getting the hairstyle right is my biggest challenge! I just don't have 1940s hair. I know the whole look I'm working on will be VERY much improved when I get my own coiffure finally figured out!

I disagree. While I'm not typically a fan of long hair on men, I think his hair is an interesting contrast to his (very handsome, btw) tailored look and he wears it well.

Nick D

Call Me a Cab
Many thanks to all who've commented on my outfit and my hair. :) chanteuseCarey, I used to wear my hair short but when I moved to England I stopped getting haircuts to save a little money. My wife likes it long, too. I'm actually on the fence about getting it cut, I may and I may not. It's not yet long enough for the front to get pulled back, unfortunately. If I do get it cut I'll probably wait until I go home on holiday and let the person I always went to do it.

Cheers,
Nick

scotrace

Head Bartender
Staff member
Brooksie said:
Here I am again after getting ready for another day of work...the skirt I have on was yet another incredible deal, I found this one and two others all for $1.00 at 24 hour yard sale!

IMG_2339.jpg

I still want that darn couch!!! :(

ClaraB

One of the Regulars
Oh no! Not that redhead again!

My university gives a very generous Easter break so I had the day off today. Didn't do much, cleaned the house and went to see my tattoo artist, so no one really got to see this outfit.

The strap trousers are from Vivian of Holloway, they have a darling little pocket at the hip. The blouse is vintage and I'm pretty sure that it is handmade. It has a scalloped neckline with a ruched band running just below it and buttons down the back.
IMG_3345.jpg

Dinerman

Super Moderator
Bartender
ClaraB said:
Sharp as always, Dinerman. Nice hat.
Spiffy said:
I'm in love......with your jacket, Dinerman!
chanteuseCarey said:
You wear it well! The (new?) facial hair is looking good too...
just_me said:
Very cool. :)

Thanks, all. The jacket's a '50s navy issued G-1 which lived most of its life as the passenger jacket for a biplane rides company.

chanteuseCarey

Call Me a Cab
great pic of you in this wonderful outfit...

Love the trousers, though I'd have to go without the straps myself. Link please- :) Pretty blouse too...

QUOTE=ClaraB]
The strap trousers are from Vivian of Holloway, they have a darling little pocket at the hip. The blouse is vintage and I'm pretty sure that it is handmade. It has a scalloped neckline with a ruched band running just below it and buttons down the back.
IMG_3345.jpg
[/QUOTE]

ClaraB

One of the Regulars
Diamondback said:
even your "not doing much" outfits and styling are so well put-together.

Thank you! I must admit that for most of the day I was wandering around with bandana on my head and my hair in pin curls.

chanteuseCarey- The Vivian of Holloway website can be found here.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
billmacsworld