Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What are you wearing today??

chanteuseCarey

Call Me a Cab
Hope you can get some help from other photobucketers

I use Picture trail. I cannot upload straight from my camera files. I have go to Photoshop, crop, save as a psd., resize them generally max height or width being 640 or 520, save as a jpg.- upload it into Picture trail and THEN copy location for posting here. Sigh...

Hopefully you won't have to go through a similar rig-a-ma-roll with Photobucket, and we'll be seeing your pics soon.

Lefty

I'll Lock Up
avedwards said:
When I try to upload pics straight from my computer it doesn't work because the files are too large.

Are you sure about that? I regularly upload very large file photos, which photobucket reduces a bit. What message are you getting when your upload fails, and what browser are you using? I use Google Chrome for almost everything, except uploading to photobucket. For some reason, there's a bug that hasn't been worked out between the two, so I used Explorer for that alone.

avedwards

Call Me a Cab
Thanks for the help everyone. Let's see if this works...

n903410724_6215602_71089691.jpg

It appears that it has worked. Sorry about the poor picture quality, but it was just a quick picture taken by a friend's phone. Technically this isn't what I'm wearing today, as I wore it several weeks ago, however it was intended to be a vintage "mafia" look. The hat is my Stetson Chatham, the suit is a 1960s suit handed down from my dad. It is pinstripe, but the stripes are close to invisible on camera. While it's not really golden era, I think it can just pass off for something from the '30s, as it isn't too '60s (no super thin lapels).

lagunie

New in Town
KOOLS what I enjoy about your posts is that your look has a timelessness to it that makes you look great in any era. You look contemporary to your house and if I saw you on the street i would think what a great outfit without any sense of thinking that your weren't contemporary to today - a sharp looking 'today' man. Thank you.

Marc Chevalier

Gone Home
lagunie said:
KOOLS what I enjoy about your posts is that your look has a timelessness to it that makes you look great in any era. You look contemporary to your house and if I saw you on the street i would think what a great outfit without any sense of thinking that your weren't contemporary to today - a sharp looking 'today' man. Thank you.

:eusa_clap :eusa_clap

ClaraB

One of the Regulars
Today it snowed. Again.

So it is the 7th of April and here in the good state of New York, it snowed.
For outerwear I wore my favorite red cloche hat, a pink silk scarf, cashmere gloves and my short curly lamb coat with the dyed rabbit trim. As for the rest of my ensemble, nothing fancy: a white angora boatneck sweater, herringbone trousers and black boots.
I'm pretty sure I am the only one on campus wearing winter outerwear again.
IMG_3311.JPG

Me, not looking too impressed with the snow.

crazydaisy

Practically Family
Clara B, that is a great photo of you! Look at those colors, it's right from a film! And may I add: WOW, what a gorgeous, gorgeous hat that suits you perfectly!

This is what I wore the other day in Cardiff.
3421470861_df3bb4c895_b.jpg

ClaraB

One of the Regulars
crazydaisy, that blue really suits you and that jacket is fantastic, a nice length! And those flowers! So much better than snow.

As far as my hat goes, I think I have it on incorrectly in that picture.:eek: I do believe the flourish should go on the side of my head rather than the front, but maybe not. [huh] Perhaps some lounger knows better?

chanteuseCarey

Call Me a Cab
how cool that you have a suit handed down...

from your father. I would say the key thing makes it not 30's or even 40's is the lapels. My DH has two forties suits, and they both have wide highly peaked lapels.

Looking sharp, rather more 60s James Bond than vintage mafia. Though I think Sean Connery wore a tribly I believe...

avedwards said:
Thanks for the help everyone. Let's see if this works...

n903410724_6215602_71089691.jpg

It appears that it has worked. Sorry about the poor picture quality, but it was just a quick picture taken by a friend's phone. Technically this isn't what I'm wearing today, as I wore it several weeks ago, however it was intended to be a vintage "mafia" look. The hat is my Stetson Chatham, the suit is a 1960s suit handed down from my dad. It is pinstripe, but the stripes are close to invisible on camera. While it's not really golden era, I think it can just pass off for something from the '30s, as it isn't too '60s (no super thin lapels).

chanteuseCarey

Call Me a Cab
hat and fur look great on you in the snow...

I have a couple of books that show twenties hats with ribbon trim (and how to make the trims) -in a lot of pics the trims were shown on the sides not only the front- so it could go either way... Yes, its been getting warm here too in No Calif (but today it did rain) so I'll have to put the furs away soon.

I cannot wear my faux lamb in the wet weather I was told. For it being a fake it has to have special cleaning methods.

ClaraB said:
So it is the 7th of April and here in the good state of New York, it snowed.
For outerwear I wore my favorite red cloche hat, a pink silk scarf, cashmere gloves and my short curly lamb coat with the dyed rabbit trim. As for the rest of my ensemble, nothing fancy: a white angora boatneck sweater, herringbone trousers and black boots.
I'm pretty sure I am the only one on campus wearing winter outerwear again.
IMG_3311.JPG

kools

Practically Family
Milwaukee today
48 degrees F

1940s suit
late '40s/early '50s tie
AE Lloyd-burgundy

My last posting for a couple of weeks, as Mrs. Kools & I will be taking the kids on our 1st big car trip down to St. Augustine, Florida tomorrow!

P1020628.jpg

P1020632.jpg

Gutshot

One of the Regulars
ClaraB said:
IMG_3311.JPG

I really like this image... It just catches my eye. Plus you look great. I've always been a sucker for the redheads.

also... snow? I'm feeling guilty about complaining that its only in the 40s ;)

Gutshot

One of the Regulars
If I'm going to comment I guess I might as well add a picture. I've been doing a daily self portrait project since the first of the year and here's today's contribution as inspired by all you fine folks.

3423100546_de5a51df8c.jpg

Slim Portly

One Too Many
chanteuseCarey said:
Kools and Slim Portly, definitely.
You are kind to say so, and since he and I rarely overlap in the eras of which we are emulous I suppose we are safe each within our respective niches.

avedwards

Call Me a Cab
chanteuseCarey said:
from your father. I would say the key thing makes it not 30's or even 40's is the lapels. My DH has two forties suits, and they both have wide highly peaked lapels.

Looking sharp, rather more 60s James Bond than vintage mafia. Though I think Sean Connery wore a tribly I believe...
Thank you, yes people do often liken me to Bond. Sean Connery wore a trilby in the first two films, though he for some reason decides to just leave it lying on the ground after it gets knocked off in "From Russia with Love" The mafia idea was someone else's, as three of us dressed like that.

I am nearly an exact copy of my father, people often remark how similar we look. He also has the same build as I have, so I can also borrow most of his clothes. It often ends up with me borrowing his suits and him borrowing my hats (I do own my own suits and he does have his own hats but he has more suits and I have more hats).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
billmacsworld