Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What are you wearing today??

Darhling

Call Me a Cab
deco_darling said:
DSCN1037-1.jpg

This is my 1950s garb, I rarely dress 50s style but today was nice and sunny. (3/27). Wearing a 1950s Vintage Navy Dress set. Modern 2 tone patent vinyl shoes. Vintage patent purse and a Late 1940s wide brim straw hat. Accessory pearl rhinestone vintage bracelet.

This is absolutely lovely!!

volatile

A-List Customer
Max Flash said:
Are those glasses Clubmasters (as worn by, I believe, Malcolm X)? I understood that Ray Ban were bringing these back this season.

They're not,though they were obviously modelled on Clubmasters. They're French, a brand called B&L Safety, from the mid-50s, I think.

rubyredlocks

Practically Family
Everyone looks great!

I rarely take ensemble pics anymore,but found some action shots online of me and the hubby at the same Spring Swing Burlesque Revue that Maggie attended. (Oddly,Maggie and I didn't meet,but I think I may have found a pic of us all dancing in close proximity.)
Here's us: redhead (I know,duh!) in pink dress/orange shoes with guy in grey suit/white bucks on the far right.
ssbr20090348.jpg

thunderw21

I'll Lock Up
Perhaps a bit premature, but it's Spring and the weather was right today.

*early '50s jacket and vest from "J.C. Petersen's", my great great-grandfather's haberdashery
*1930s tie
*late '40s Dobbs fedora
*modern shirt
*modern trousers
*modern Bostonian spectators

me106.jpg

front014.jpg

Was going for the look on the right:
AA156-1.jpg

Bingles

A-List Customer
You are rocking the homburgs, slim! So few do it as well as you. :eusa_clap

Slim Portly said:
Black double-breasted peak lapel two-piece with no vents and pleated trousers, pink dress shirt and pocket square, black tie with fuchsia flower pattern, black satin braces, black sleeve garters, crystal tie pin, and vintage black Stetson Premier homburg. In relative terms the suit is brand new; I found a 1996 5-pence coin in the outer breast pocket.

DSC05016-CROP.jpg

Bugsy

One Too Many
Another triumph, Thunder.:eusa_clap :eusa_clap

thunderw21 said:
Perhaps a bit premature, but it's Spring and the weather was right today.

*early '50s jacket and vest from "J.C. Petersen's", my great great-grandfather's haberdashery
*1930s tie
*late '40s Dobbs fedora
*modern shirt
*modern trousers
*modern Bostonian spectators

me106.jpg

front014.jpg

AA156-1.jpg

rmrdaddy

One Too Many
thunderw21 said:
me106.jpg

AA156-1.jpg

Great look Thunder! I think a light colored straw would top that off nicely too!
I love those illustrations, but this one really shows something I find odd. Sure it's a mens fashion magazine depicting various styles. But, we have one gent mixing cocktails in a Tuxedo, and another sitting on the rail in a sunning outfit and espadrilles! The juxtaposition is strange to me.

Quigley another winner, looks like you'd be at Hialeah!

cherry lips

Call Me a Cab
Everyone is looking very well-dressed, and as usual I have a soft spot for the girls: deco_darling the fifties become you (wait a minute, I think they become everyone... What I meant to say is that you're striking in that outfit ;)
Darhling, welcome back :)

fall-1.jpg
noglasses-1.jpg

maggiethespy you're so pretty!

ssbr20090348.jpg

rubyredlocks I adore a redhead in pink!

thunderw21

I'll Lock Up
Thanks guys.

Quigley, I like that jacket and you wear that look so well.

After church at my new apartment and running around town:
me108.jpg

chanteuseCarey

Call Me a Cab
Am I blue? Oufit for Sunday

Worn at church all morning. The polka dot silk charmeuse blouse is from a 1940s pattern. The navy wool crepe skirt is either a 30s or 40s pattern. Both pieces were custom made for me by a master seamstress in Oakland- in time for the Awhahnee Yosemite trip. The polka dot fabric was from my stash, I had her get enough of the wool crepe also for a jacket. Down the road I'll have her make me a 40's style jacket so I'll have a suit.

The navy and white raffia hat is early 1930's, found on evilBay from a seller in the UK.

The lt. blue slip, blue gloves, fur stole, navy crocheted small purse and deco era watch and Hanes stockings are vintage pieces. Other foundations are new but vintage in style. Faux alligator vintage inspired pumps are new Sam Edelman. Earrings are new Miriam Haskell.

Hat was not okayed by our Music and Worship Pastor to wear on stage to sing in the choir this morning (too distracting), but I DID wear the fur! The fur is NOT distracting... go figure-

359833802.jpg
359833809.jpg

Darhling

Call Me a Cab
Thank you very much Daddy & Cherry Lips :)

Inspiration for today : Equestrian Betty

betty.jpg

Camel colored riding pants from Gant
Black leather boots
Standard white cashmere jumper
Hermès Scarf around neck (behind the flash)
Bag & belt from Vuitton

Sorry the pics are beyond blurry, my cell phone doesn't take the best pics..

29032009007.jpg

29032009009.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe