Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What are you wearing today??

rue

I love that dress HepKitty! You make me wish I could sew :)

IMG_0647.jpg

Very nice Yeps! You're one of the few guys I've seen that can carry off a bowtie and cap :)

avedwards

Call Me a Cab
Cool, thanks. I just don't want it to look like I am pretending to wear a suit. With jeans (dark) and a scarf or such, it is a very modern, sartorialist style look, which I sometimes do. However, I would prefer not to wear jeans.
I'm sure jeans could be made to work, but it wouldn't be my first choice with a dark DB jacket. I think the best way to make it look like it's not intended to be a suit is to wear contrasting trousers as you've done. Cream or white would also work nicely in summer as well as making the combination look more sporty (and being another of Sproily's looks you could copy :p).

Yeps

Call Me a Cab
I'm sure jeans could be made to work, but it wouldn't be my first choice with a dark DB jacket. I think the best way to make it look like it's not intended to be a suit is to wear contrasting trousers as you've done. Cream or white would also work nicely in summer as well as making the combination look more sporty (and being another of Sproily's looks you could copy :p).

I had been thinking that too, but there is no way that I would wear this jacket in the summer. It is a rather heavy flannel (one of the reasons I like it so much). I am trying to find a lighter, dove gray pair of trousers to wear with it. I am just glad that these work though.

Chasseur

Call Me a Cab
Hepkitty and Yeps you both are looking really good in those photos.

Hepkitty I love that dress pattern, have to look for something like that for my better half.

sproily

Practically Family
It seems that I forgot to post this.

I was helping to sell tickets at a Burlesque event last month. It was held rather late, so pardon the expression on my face :)

313745_105887366181006_100002792298492_30901_7555_n.jpg

Formal shirt, detachable shirt front, detachable collar and cuffs, self-tie ribbed silk bowtie, 30's black tie and 20's-30's straw boater.

Tomasso

Incurably Addicted
I swear, for a moment there I didn't know what the heck Sproily had on his head.....until I realized he was standing in front of an architectural ornament.:eek:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe