Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What are you wearing today??

FinalVestige79

Practically Family
get_atomized said:
Wow, thank you for the kind words everybody! You are too nice. Everyone here is overwhelmingly stylish!

Thanks so much! The next time I end up in an outfit along those lines, I will be sure to get a picture.

crazydaisy, I love that picture you found lol. If I ever find the right hat and dress, I could try to recreate it.

Nothing particularly vintage about today's outfit, but I am wearing my new wig which just came in the mail. I haven't had long hair since I was about 9 years old, and this is my first non-synthetic wig, so having this much hair to style is a new experience! I just experimented with some loose curls with a curling iron, but I can't wait to start trying out pincurls and other vintage looks. My first mission will be to get some big foam rollers, it has been my dream to do a voluminous Marlo Thomas/Emma Peel style flip!

newwig117sm.jpg
newwig095sm-1.jpg

I don't usually smile with my teeth, but these sunglasses make me laugh. Even I think they are a bit much.
newwig134sm.jpg

Golly gee...Get Atomized...wow very nice!

Spatterdash

A-List Customer
get_atomized said:
Wow, thank you for the kind words everybody! You are too nice. Everyone here is overwhelmingly stylish!

Thanks so much! The next time I end up in an outfit along those lines, I will be sure to get a picture.

crazydaisy, I love that picture you found lol. If I ever find the right hat and dress, I could try to recreate it.

Nothing particularly vintage about today's outfit, but I am wearing my new wig which just came in the mail. I haven't had long hair since I was about 9 years old, and this is my first non-synthetic wig, so having this much hair to style is a new experience! I just experimented with some loose curls with a curling iron, but I can't wait to start trying out pincurls and other vintage looks. My first mission will be to get some big foam rollers, it has been my dream to do a voluminous Marlo Thomas/Emma Peel style flip!

newwig117sm.jpg
newwig095sm-1.jpg

I don't usually smile with my teeth, but these sunglasses make me laugh. Even I think they are a bit much.

Sweet Venus-flavored ice cream.
That'll spread a man's spats.
I'm gonna have to reblock my hats now. I see a woman like that, I'm likely to splash on some Bay Rum, kill her man and hoist a darker flag... yar.

Spatterdash

A-List Customer
Diamondback said:
Spatterdash, take a number and get in line...
)

Sorry.

Didn't know there was a line. Oh, well, that's why God made tommyguns!

:D

On a broader note, it's often noted that guys look like slobs these days, but I'd love to see this sort of elegance in women return. The ladies of this board set as high a mark as the men. Good company to keep.

Nick D

Call Me a Cab
Thanks everyone :D

His name's William Ronald Reuel (after Shakespeare and Tolkien, our two favorite writers), he was 5lb 15oz and 19" long at birth. He's a little one, but he's already put on weight, which is good, and he is very, very active.

mike

Call Me a Cab
My family went to my cousin's wedding up the Hudson River in Garrison NY at some beautiful 1920's mansion. A band called the Vipers played pretty good 20's-40's jazz that really completed the atmosphere. I'm wearing a NRA tagged linen suit, a 1933 Chicago World's Fair pocket square, a Brooks Brothers club collared shirt, black and white allen edmonds spectators, an unlined vintage tie and an optimo straw hat :)

archwaygathering.jpg

mikehudson.jpg

gatsbyhome.jpg

dappershoes.jpg

gatsbymomstudy.jpg

JEEP

Practically Family
Just went through the most recent pages of this thread. You gals and gents are looking fine as ever. Especially you Dinerman, you are listed under both "cool" and "stylish" in my personal dictionary :)

I do not get a chance to wear vintage much these days - as my bosses has asked me not to wear it to work, pretty silly, I work at a hunting/ourdoor store and the customers loved my style, but somehow the bosses has gotten into their head that a man in a tweed jacket and a tie could scare away the younger costomers - even though a lot of our younger customers actually are vintage/retro people themselves :(

Regards.

Jakob

Fletch

I'll Lock Up
chanteuseCarey said:
Where's the pic Fletch, sounds like a great outfit!!worthlesswithoutpics
Keep yer shirt on, hon, I got a good one, but it's stranded in my cel phone. I'm going to try to Bluetooth it off there. Gracious what a wonderful age we're living in.

You could PM clubwitsend. That's what I was dressed for last night. Don, of the mg't, took at least one of me there.

JEEP said:
I work at a hunting/ourdoor store and the customers loved my style, but somehow the bosses has gotten into their head that a man in a tweed jacket and a tie could scare away the younger costomers - even though a lot of our younger customers actually are vintage/retro people themselves :( Regards. Jakob
This seems so odd to me, a tie or tie and jacket means the person wearing them can provide knowledgeble service, something to be sought out not flee from. What would it mean to be toatlly relaxed and unimposing in pajamas and a bathrobe, would or youthful perspective buyers seek you out then?

Tee shirt and jeans means herd mentality, a sense of comforting enforced equality maybe. The Jimbo Jones effect.

JEEP

Practically Family
It is very odd to me aswell. Maybe it is bacause the boss himself always looks like he has just stepped in from a 14-days hunt in the wilderness.

Regards.

Jakob

Antje

One Too Many
:eusa_clap
get_atomized said:

newwig117sm.jpg
newwig095sm-1.jpg

newwig134sm.jpg

:eusa_clap I don't know what to say you look fab :eusa_clap
great wig, Is it real hair or is it a new material wig.

:eek:fftopic: We sell wigs in the salon and we sell not real hair but a kind of a material wich can be formed with curling irons ect. witouth burning the hair away.

Nick Congratulations

Anthony Jordan

Practically Family
Get_Atomized, I love the whole effect, and I think you have a lovely smile.

Fletch, I too beg for a picture!

Mike, very interesting looking suit, and shirt too - is the collar detachable? It certainly looks smart enough!

I'm looking a bit modern today, I'm afraid, but I was building an outfit around my new shirt and in consideration of the fine weather here...

016.jpg

014.jpg

A touch of linen today, plus cheap M&S linen suit in stone (yes, I am too cheap to have the belt loops removed), new T.M. Lewin attached collar bengal stripe shirt, silk tie, vintage amber & lucite cufflinks, plain silk handkerchief, orange barathea braces. With mid tan shoes and orange, blue and tan striped socks.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe