Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What are you wearing today??

Inky

One Too Many
Quigley Brown said:
Vintage I wore to a job interview today...

job100.jpg
[/IMG]

Sharp as a tack, QB, and if they don't hire you they're fools I say!

I really enjoy your self-portraits very much.

Dinerman

Super Moderator
Bartender
BinkieBaumont said:
Dinerman what type of baggy jeans are those in the photograph with the white tea shirt?, please.
[/SIZE][/B][/I][/FONT][/COLOR][/B]
Thrift shop special. "River Washed Jeans" is the brand name, but I can only find one mention of it on the internet.

chanteuseCarey

Call Me a Cab
gorgeous pics of y'all

I'm just starting to wear my new-to-me vintage clothes and hats "out and about" in the real/unreal world of sunny No. Calif where our roses bloom even on Xmas day.

Today I wore a 40's green felt topper hat with flowers, a vintage kelly green jacket with a new RL floral print blouse and a new but vintage style RL fuchsia linen trumpet skirt, carrying my corde' purse.

Our family went to see old movies at the Stanford Theater in Palo Alto last Friday night with all of us in vintage gear. DH wore his reddish brown 40's pinstripe suit and brown fedora, DS wore his WWII era dark navy shirt (with its "ruptured duck" patch no less) and DD wore her 40's black wool suit. I had on my black 40's crepe dress, and my chubby fur coat.

chanteuseCarey

Call Me a Cab
where did you find the jeans Dinerman??

Hello Dinerman, love the look of those jeans! What brand are they please? Need to find something similar for our 12-1/2yo son, who wants an art deco era wardrobe... Its going to be hard to find him vintage duds as he's a little skinny butt, but tallish in the pants length for his age.

>h
lazydaisyltd said:
Dinerman, those jeans look great!

chanteuseCarey

Call Me a Cab
Thanks doncarlos,

HA! Even here in No. Calif at church I still wear hose with skirts and dresses, and more recently stockings (no back seams yet, okay one pair but they are fishnets-DH loves helping me get my seams straight). I actually had a gal come up to me after choir practice and say that no woman under 30 wears hose. To which I replied (and our 14-1/2 yo dd was standing next to me also wearing hosiery, dressed to go ballroom dancing after church with the rest of our family) "Well our daughter sure does when we go out, and SO DO I!" Gee, I guess I'm a novelty out here, I wear hose or stockings and even heaven forbid... a slip!

donCarlos said:
It´s not an added compliment, stockings are mandatory for all women all the time (according the etiquette, if only all women knew that). But agreed, seamed stockings are unbelievably hot.

Dinerman

Super Moderator
Bartender
chanteuseCarey said:
Hello Dinerman, love the look of those jeans! What brand are they please? Need to find something similar for our 12-1/2yo son, who wants an art deco era wardrobe... Its going to be hard to find him vintage duds as he's a little skinny butt, but tallish in the pants length for his age.

>h
Unfortunately they're a no-name brand found at the thrift shop. Vintage in tall and skinny is out there, just a lot harder to find. I'm 6'2" with a 32" wast and a 36" inseam (hard to find even in new pants) , but I've managed to get some nice stuff trolling ebay.

chanteuseCarey

Call Me a Cab
thanks Dinerman...

BTW, love your avatar pic...

Thanks for the reply. Hey, at least young Daniel wants to wear dress clothes most of the time, even to Junior High school. The only place to even find him new dress slacks out here is at Nordstrom. Next he wants a vintage collapsible top hat to wear with his tails, and a vintage fedora too. Unfortunately he's only about a 6-5/8 hat size though right now...

Dinerman said:
Unfortunately they're a no-name brand found at the thrift shop. Vintage in tall and skinny is out there, just a lot harder to find. I'm 6'2" with a 32" wast and a 36" inseam (hard to find even in new pants) , but I've managed to get some nice stuff trolling ebay.

thunderw21

I'll Lock Up
Dinerman said:

With that inseam I'm truly amazed at some of the stuff you find and wear. You must work magic!

chanteuseCarey

Call Me a Cab
I heartily agree with Inky...

You look very handsome in this one Quigley, what a great photograph you take in your fabulous clothes. You and many other men here on the Lounge will no doubt be a source of inspiration to my hubby, who is just getting into vintage clothing.

Hey, ladies don't we all love a sharp (vintage) dressed man? I just look at these wonderful photos and say...YES!

Inky said:
Sharp as a tack, QB, and if they don't hire you they're fools I say!

I really enjoy your self-portraits very much.

Quigley Brown

Call Me a Cab
goldwyn girl said:
Quigley Brown, Great outfit !! Did you get the job ?

Thanks for compliments everyone. The interview was for a federal government position so I'm sure I'll have to wait a few weeks to hear anything. Heck, I had applied for it way back in December. [huh]

Gijoe

A-List Customer
1945 on the Swiss Border...
- Gatsby Cap
- Ralph Lauren Norfolk Jacket,
- Vintage Argyle Burberry Sweater
- 1930s Short Tie
- Hunting Tweed Breeks
- Argyle Golfing Socks
- Stacy Adams Shoes
- long Wool underwear........ is a cold early spring day.

chanteuseCarey

Call Me a Cab
Son got his first "real" lid yesterday...

We are all at the Vintage Fashion Expo in SF yesterday. Our 12-1/2yo DS found himself a grey fedora. Its a start! He was so jazzed, wore it the entire rest of the day- with his vintage WWII navy shirt no less. He was a big hit in the fashion show yesterday in his uniform shirt, and having a 1930's Fred Astaire haircut with wax pomade in it to slick it down.

He's gonna wear it to church today with his RL blazer, dress shirt and slacks, he's certainly NOT going to be dressed like the other Jr. Highers today! Will snap a pic and try to post it this evening hopefully.

He was also looking at the Expo for a beaver top hat, and a collapsible silk top hat (he REALLLY wants one), and a vintage boater for the Gatsby picnic in Sept.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe