Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What are you wearing today??

carter

I'll Lock Up
Sir RBH said:
Hello there
This particular Coat is VERY old.. probably from 1930's i would imagine. Its a brand Called Invertere and a lovely piece of kit
Modern Shooting/Field Coats are good.. but this is much nicer to wear.. more stylish.. less Zippy and teflon-y !!!

Sir RBH, I remembered that picture when I saw these items on the Hornet Hats, UK webpage under Accessories.
Derbyshire Shooting Jacket
derbytweed.jpg

Scottish Wool Shire Shooting Jacket
wooljacket.jpg

Do any of our friends in the UK have comments on these? Now seems to be a particularly good time to buy tweeds from the UK.

Luke 42

One of the Regulars
Marzipan said:
Nice and warm in a purple sweater and tweed skirt! Sorry about the red eye. Blast.

IMG_3867-1.jpg

Absolutely lovely! I just love the fifties look!

might I add that I like the bullet bra:eek: ..makes the look perfect:)

@Arthur: Very elegant look!

Sir RBH

A-List Customer
carter said:
Sir RBH, I remembered that picture when I saw these items on the Hornet Hats, UK webpage under Accessories.

Scottish Wool Shire Shooting Jacket

Do any of our friends in the UK have comments on these? Now seems to be a particularly good time to buy tweeds from the UK.

They look rather splendid. Field Coats are a very good way to stay warm and certainly over here are accepted anywhere.. apart from maybe a members club in town!!

Sir RBH

A-List Customer
arthur said:
Sir RBH said:
Oh my god those boots Simply fantastic .Lands end had what they called derby boots for more than 300$ I've been drooling over them ever since.
These are actually bespoke.. and are now 20 years old and in amazing condition nd I wear them a lot.. best pair of Boots I have ever had and the cost?? less than £100 at the time.. a real bargain

H.Johnson

One Too Many
carter said:

The reference to 'Derbyshire' in relation to that coat means the regional type of tweed (Derby, my local tweed) from which it is made, not the style or make of coat. I'm not going to start an argument as to which local tweed is best...although I think it's fair to say that some of the best Derby tweed garments are made in Lincolnshire...

The style of jacket is ubiquitous (available in all tweeds) but is modern. Nothing distinguishes it from 'the many'. I think vintage outdoor coats are more stylish and better made. Just my opinion.

Darhling

Call Me a Cab
Marzipan - that sweater is absolutely adorable! If you stumple upon one again, I would love to know :)

Felt a bit uninspired clotheswise today, so I went for the trusted old black & white combo..

Houndstooth skirt
Black shirt with lots of details
Black opaque stockings
Black suede shoes
Big camelia brooch

FSCN0193.jpg

DSCN0188.jpg

Mrs. Merl

Practically Family
Sorry to be slow in answering your question StaceFace. As much as I wish I could afford Remix, they are actually from Target - several months ago at least. They are my favorite, and I will be so sad when I wear them out.

epr25

Practically Family
My friend and I went to a function for our local animal shelter on Saturday. This is what we were wearing. Someone asked us why we were wearing antique clothing and also if we were in a play. lol
saturdaynight.jpg
[/IMG]

Darhling

Call Me a Cab
Inky - I absolutely look that look! I love 'college' outfits too, I would just love a varsity sweater to wear with a matching skirt!

A little rose coloring today! It doesn't show, but my pearl necklace is a gorgeous lavender color.

Cardi - H&M
Skirt - Toprunway (Marilyn suit)
Belt - H&M
Stockings - Agent provocateur
Shoes - Zara

DSCN0219.jpg
DSCN0206.jpg

Marzipan

One of the Regulars
epr25 said:
My friend and I went to a function for our local animal shelter on Saturday. This is what we were wearing. Someone asked us why we were wearing antique clothing and also if we were in a play. lol
saturdaynight.jpg
[/IMG]

I LOVE your dress with the cherries!!! We have the same hair... now if you could only come over and style it for me... :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe