Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What are you wearing today??

PSK123

A-List Customer
Nice look AlanC, and Dinerman, flawless as always ;)

Marzipan - How on earth people can be so vile I don't know, you look fabulous!:)

Darrrrhling - Captivatingly first class yet again. Love the shoes and the scarf by the way, the use of colours is nigh on perfect!:D

cookie

I'll Lock Up
thunderw21 said:
Again, my mid-1940s flannel suit. It fits too well not to wear.

I need your opinion. My choice of footwear today was questionable at best. What are your thoughts? Too big? Too loud? Do they go well with this suit?

Anyways, here's something newer, finally worn today for the first time.

Stunning coat!

daizawaguy

Call Me a Cab
My new custom made coat - double lapels, single covered buttons, 4 outside pockets

20081109_1-1.jpg

Sir RBH

A-List Customer
carter said:
So...all those kids with their underwear showing are actually emulating a vintage look! :eek: ;)
Thanks, Sir RBH, for the enlightenment! You are still my sartorial hero!
hehe
I hadn't thought about it like that.. But yes, they are just being Retro Chic
therefore this weekend I will buy some Track pants, some Tommy Hilfigier Boxers and a Hoodie and go out and mingle with my Brethren!!.. Word Up..
hahahhahaha

hehehe

Seriously. Thank you for the kind comments

Creeping Past

One Too Many
RBH, I saw a chap wearing a coat similar to that in central London the other day. You usually see tweed shooting coats with full zips. Is this a recent-vintage style (within the last 20 years)?

Mrs. Merl

Practically Family
Oh, I love tweed too! Thanks fellows for sharing yours in pictures - you look fantastic! I actually took the time to finally re-hem some of my tweed pants, since it has been inspirational cold here!! Must find my fella some more tweeds too!!

Mrs. Merl

Practically Family
Oh, and I don't want to forget you Marzipan! I would love to see more of your tweed skirt. Right now my favorite skirt is my tweed one, I wear it every chance I get!!

Sir RBH

A-List Customer
Creeping Past said:
RBH, I saw a chap wearing a coat similar to that in central London the other day. You usually see tweed shooting coats with full zips. Is this a recent-vintage style (within the last 20 years)?
Hello there
This particular Coat is VERY old.. probably from 1930's i would imagine. Its a brand Called Invertere and a lovely piece of kit
Modern Shooting/Field Coats are good.. but this is much nicer to wear.. more stylish.. less Zippy and teflon-y !!!

Creeping Past

One Too Many
Sir RBH said:
Hello there
This particular Coat is VERY old.. probably from 1930's i would imagine. Its a brand Called Invertere and a lovely piece of kit
Modern Shooting/Field Coats are good.. but this is much nicer to wear.. more stylish.. less Zippy and teflon-y !!!

Thanks! I had no idea that style of jacket was so old. I've seen some Invertere tweed on Ebay; it looks heavy and good. That chap in London was obviously airing some vintage tweed. He looked like he'd had it for a while.

I've been wondering why I've not been able to find one of these with buttons.

arthur

Suspended
Sir RBH said:
arthur said:
Cold weather Tweed,I love this time of year.
/QUOTE]

Fantastic.. Love the look.. Its certainly my favourite time of the year..
Cold weather = nice thick heavy Tweeds and coats.. Love it!!
walking0011-1.jpg
Oh my god those boots Simply fantastic .Lands end had what they called derby boots for more than 300$ I've been drooling over them ever since.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe