Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What are you wearing today??

Sir RBH

A-List Customer
Todays Suit

Good Day All.
A bit chilly here today so plumped for a 3 piece. Its a bespoke 1962 Windowpane check Mid brown. One of my favourites actually and seems to fit very well. only minor quibble is that it has a zip fly (which i cannot abide!!)
The trousers have a raised rear straps for my Braces and turn ups.
the rest of the outfit is as follows
Lewin Blue and yellow stripe shirt
Hilditch and key Striped tie
Generic Green birdseye socks with green Albert Thurston sock suspenders
Albert Thurston yellow boxcloth Braces (vintage)
brooks tie back Boxers
Corn eton armbands
Gold Pocket Sq
Vintage Double Albert Watch chain
Herbert Johnson Trilby
tweedWindowpaneSept30007sml.jpg

tweedWindowpaneSept30008sml.jpg

tweedWindowpaneSept30026sml.jpg

tweedWindowpaneSept30016sml.jpg

Kermez

A-List Customer
Dark grey suit; blue shirt with white pinstripes; blue and creme tie with black accent lines; red pocket square; black belt, socks, shoes, and fedora.

Boodles

A-List Customer
Pocket Square

AlanC said:
Last day for straws, cool front tomorrow:
p1013620yx2.jpg
AlanC, could you please provide more details on the fold you used for the pocket square? I can't seem to find instructions to duplicate that. Thanks

thunderw21

I'll Lock Up
For an afternoon out on the town:

*mid-1940s Dobbs fedora
*mid-1940s flannel suit
*1930s tie and tie bar
*1930s/1940s sunglasses
*modern shirt and shoes

me062.jpg

me063.jpg

me064.jpg

Dark gray is so difficult to photograph.

AlanC

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Boodles said:
AlanC, could you please provide more details on the fold you used for the pocket square? I can't seem to find instructions to duplicate that. Thanks

Hmmm. Well, it's sort of an ad hoc fold, really, designed to display the various elements of the design as well as show off the hand rolled edge a bit. This is from memory and not while actually looking at the fold, but lay it out flat then fold up one end enough to get the square into proper pocket stuffing length. Then fold it into thirds, but not perfectly so that you have the inner fold jutting up a little like you see in the picture. Fiddle around with it and you'll get it the way you want it. Folding squares is more art than science.

Kermez

A-List Customer
Black pinstripe suit; white herringbone french-cuff shirt; silver cufflinks with gold and black accents; red tie with white, black, grey, and blue accents; red pocket square; black belt, socks, shoes, and fedora.

J. M. Stovall

Call Me a Cab
Dinerman said:
Black cuffed jeans
Canadian parade boots
Ralph Lauren shirt
Pobeda pocketwatch
7x clear beaver stetson
IMG_2476.jpg

IMG_2478.jpg

IMG_2480.jpg

Looking good Dinerman! It looks as though college is agreeing with you so far. I was able to track down one of those shirts myself, it's great! And I promise not to wear it at the same time as you;) .

Dinerman

Super Moderator
Bartender
J. M. Stovall said:
Looking good Dinerman! It looks as though college is agreeing with you so far. I was able to track down one of those shirts myself, it's great!
Thanks!
It's a nice fabric, isn't it.

Widebrim

I'll Lock Up
Solid, Jackson!

thunderw21 said:
For an afternoon out on the town:

*mid-1940s Dobbs fedora
*mid-1940s flannel suit
*1930s tie and tie bar
*1930s/1940s sunglasses
*modern shirt and shoes

me062.jpg

An inspiration to us all...About the only time I wear a fedora with a suit (or sports coat) is when I'm at the school where I teach, or when I attend a FL event. Neither Los Angeles climate nor lifestyle are conducive to "going all out," fashion-wise.:( However, now that I just purchased a beautiful (early?) '40s, brown, pin-striped, single-breasted suit at the Goodwill (for $18!), that may change...;)

PADDY

I'll Lock Up
Bartender

Late 30's early 40's American wool DB 3pc suit. 30's tie. Turn of century chain and gold fob. RedWing Gentleman Traveller boots (thought I'd try them out with a suit to see if it worked, and they pass muster). Stetson "Nostalgia" Fedora in Caribou. Cafe Latte by PM!

thunderw21

I'll Lock Up
Widebrim said:
However, now that I just purchased a beautiful (early?) '40s, brown, pin-striped, single-breasted suit at the Goodwill (for $18!), that may change...;)

Excellent. Wear it in good health.

Boodles

A-List Customer
The AlanC Fold

AlanC said:
Hmmm. Well, it's sort of an ad hoc fold, really, designed to display the various elements of the design as well as show off the hand rolled edge a bit. This is from memory and not while actually looking at the fold, but lay it out flat then fold up one end enough to get the square into proper pocket stuffing length. Then fold it into thirds, but not perfectly so that you have the inner fold jutting up a little like you see in the picture. Fiddle around with it and you'll get it the way you want it. Folding squares is more art than science.
Thanks for taking time to answer AlanC. I'm still fiddling with folding the square, trying to duplicate your work. The close up photo seems to show the hand rolled edge on the back fold but not on the front fold. I can't yet figure that out. Early on I thought you were displaying two squares at once. Your fold does such a nice job of showing the features of that particular pocket square.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe