Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What are you wearing today??

Sir RBH

A-List Customer
Its Cooler.. So bring out the Tweeds!

hello All
Well. its cooling down so happily i can wear my 3 piece tweed suits again..
Today a Shooting suit of heavy sage green tweed.. tattersall shirt, Shooting socks and Brogues.. happy days

RBH

LordBest

Practically Family
My first ensemble

My new Stetson 'trilby', a 50s overcoat, linen trousers, new waistcoat and shirt. No jacket under the overcoat, it is at the tailors, Mea culpa. I have at last broken free of the bonds of modern fashion, though I am sure I am missing something.
I love the hat.

chapbest3.jpg

My apologies about the angle.

brendon

Familiar Face
new collar

please see below pics of my new round collar i tried it but found tie difficult to put on and i didnt like the look of it other lougers let me know what you think
103_1676.jpg

103_1679.jpg

103_1680.jpg

103_1688.jpg

103_1689.jpg

First off the collar seems too big for you. Too roomy.

Secondly, the tie ties too big (voluminous) a knot for the collar. It seems to be a collar which is essentially the same as a collar from the 1930s. That is: designed to be worn with a 1930s tie; a tie essentially without interfacing or lining. Such a tie would tie a very slim and long knot, which would work very well with this collar. Check p121 of Dressing the Man for a pic of Eden (not with rounded collar, but the effect is the same).

bk

brendon

Familiar Face
Mr. Rover said:
Took this last week and forgot to post it...brown shetland shawl collar cardigan
P1030462-1.jpg

And this is what I wore today:
P1030505-1.jpg

Yay Fall!
really love the irst pic especcially the shirt is it ralph lauren i want one like it but they dont ship to uk so not much luck jet in finding one simmilar in uk either

brendon

Familiar Face
Baron Kurtz said:
First off the collar seems too big for you. Too roomy.

Secondly, the tie ties too big (voluminous) a knot for the collar. It seems to be a collar which is essentially the same as a collar from the 1930s. That is: designed to be worn with a 1930s tie; a tie essentially without interfacing or lining. Such a tie would tie a very slim and long knot, which would work very well with this collar. Check p121 of Dressing the Man for a pic of Eden (not with rounded collar, but the effect is the same).

bk
yes the ties to big but the collar isnt its a 16 1/2 i tried a 15 1/2 shirt and 16 collar the shirt was to tight coll;ar was ok so i wnet one up and tried a 16" shirt not tight so i have to have a 16 1/2 collar for a 16" shirt theres a bit of room but i think i will sewnd it back i didnt like the look

thunderw21

I'll Lock Up
Was going for a collegiate look like the one on the left:
AA094.jpg

So, here's what I came up with.
me061.jpg

Autumntie.jpg

socks001-3.jpg

In sticking with the vintage collegiate look, a 1940s "Frat" wool hat that college guys favored.
1940sFratVictorywoolhat.jpg

Sir RBH

A-List Customer
brendon said:
please see below pics of my new round collar i tried it but found tie difficult to put on and i didnt like the look of it other lougers let me know what you think/QUOTE]

very Impressive. As a regular wear of a stiff collar its always good to see people discovering them. I like the look or all your attire. Well done that man!!

Collars are always tricks to get used to putting on and knotting your tie.. persevere. You will get used to it!!
RBH

Kermez

A-List Customer
Navy blue suit with blue and grey pinstripes, white sateen stripe shirt, red tie with wide-spaced little blue squares, red pocket square, black belt and shoes, navy blue fedora.

AlanC

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Widebrim said:
The straw and the pocket square go well with the ensemble. Any info on the tie? Like the look.

Thanks. The tie is a silk knit, Marc Jacobson brand. Check your local TJ Maxx. I picked it up last week for $10. It's a great tie.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe