Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Are You Reading

Orgetorix

Call Me a Cab
Working my way through the Richard Sharpe series by Bernard Cornwell. Currently on Sharpe's Eagle. Also working my way through the Lord Peter Wimsey mysteries by Dorothy Sayers; currently reading Strong Poison.

In non-fiction at the moment, I'm reading The Puritan Hope, by Iain Murray.

Antje

One Too Many
deadpandiva said:
I read all 7 Harry Potter books in about a month and a half. I was clinically depressed by the time I finished. But I think that is because I read them all in quick succession.

I am reading Watership Down. I love rabbits.:)

I'm not allowed to read the harry potter book as fast as I want to, my younger sister bought the book and she insisted to read it first.

I started but now i think i'll have to wait till she's finished.
But all 7 in such short time wow.

Watership down is so cool, enjoy

Gary Crumrine

One of the Regulars
I'm in the middle of "My Grandfather's Son" by Justice Clarence Thomas. It's one of the few autobiographys that emotionally touches me, and I'd recommend it to all.

Most of my recent time has been spent not with books, but with language C.Ds. I've gotten into Rosetta Stone Spanish lessons and have expectations of one day acutally speaking America's second language.

Miss Brill

One Too Many
Currently reading:
2089774911_7a73c30e94.jpg

and I recently finished The Black Dahlia Files, and I just ordered Black Dahlia Avenger.

carter

I'll Lock Up
THe Liberation Trilogy

I completed reading An Army At Dawn by Rick Atkinson last week. This book covers the campaign to drive the Axis forces from North Africa during WWII and won the Pulitzer Prize.

I am now reading the 2nd volume of his trilogy, The Day of Battle. This book covers the war in Sicily and Italy 1943-1944.

There is an on-line forum for the Liberation Trilogy.

http://www.liberationtrilogy.com/forums/

LadyStardust

Practically Family
Dixon Cannon said:
A NATION OF SHEEP,
Judge Andrew P. Napolitano

True, true, true, Judge - for the third time now
-dixon cannon

I've only heard good things about that book, and I admire the Judge very much. It's good to see another fan!

HadleyH

I'll Lock Up
"Remembering Bix - A memoir of the Jazz Age" by Ralph Berton.

Bix Beiderbecke (1903-1931) one of the greatest American jazz musicians ever!!!that's the book I'm reading now.

".......And all of a sudden, Bix stood up and took a solo.... and I'm tellin' you, those pretty notes went all through me......"
Louis Armstrong.

hepkitten

One of the Regulars
Hip deep in research...currently reading Combat Reporter: Don Whitehead's WWII Diary. Very cool. Also reading The Book Thief on the side. Which is good, but not as transporting as I was expecting, from the reviews.

pretty faythe

One Too Many
I'm reading I Am Legend so that I can be so disappointed when I see it in the movies. But ya know what, no matter which version I see I'd be upset because no one ever ever ever ever ever EVER makes a freaking movie based on a book. GRRRR I will never learn.

Dr Doran

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Caleb Moore said:
I'm reading way too many books at once, but at this moment I'm finishing up "The Road" by Cormac McCarthy.

Do tell us what you think. I liked Stonemason, All the Pretty Horses, and Blood Meridian better.

Dr Doran

My Mail is Forwarded Here
pretty faythe said:
I'm reading I Am Legend so that I can be so disappointed when I see it in the movies. But ya know what, no matter which version I see I'd be upset because no one ever ever ever ever ever EVER makes a freaking movie based on a book. GRRRR I will never learn.

There is an old Vincent Price version of the Matheson book, and also of course Omega Man with Charlton Heston is based on it.

American Psycho was waaaaaaaaaaaay better than the (disgusting) book. So was The Godfather.

LocktownDog

Call Me a Cab
I'm always in the middle of at least two books ... one fiction and the other non. This week its The Doc Savage Omnibus #6 and Dutch Painting In The 17th Century.

Richard

AmateisGal

I'll Lock Up
retrogirl1941 said:
Right now I am re-reading "Hitlers Soldiers in the Sunshine State" I can't remember who writes it at the moment. Its all about German PW's during WWII in Florida, veyr interesting.

Samantha

Samantha, I used this book as one of my sources for my thesis on the German PW camp at Fort Robinson, Nebraska, during the war. :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
billmacsworld