Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What are you listening to?

Brian Sheridan

One Too Many
PADDY said:
The soundtrack to the Chinese film set in the late 30s and early 40s.

How is the soundtrack to that? Does it revoke the period through classical Chinese instruments? I downloaded a CD called "The Shanghi Restoration Project" which put modern beats and instruments over '30s-'40's Chinese music. Very cool and atmospheric.

Marty M.

Vendor
Some oldies.

Nancy Sinatra, Tom Jones and Englebert Humperdink. And unfortunately for anyone that walks into my store, they're also listening to them lol .
Marty Mathis

Ying Ko

New in Town
Right now I'm listening to the CD's I picked up at the used CD store:

"Vampyros Lesbos Sexadelic Dance Party: Music from the Original Motion Picture Soundtracks of the Films of Jess Franco." Makes me feel like a swimming pool at the Playboy mansion in 1968. A swimming pool that hasn't been cleaned.

"100 Days, 100 Nights", by Sharon Jones and the Dap-Kings. 60-style soul that sounds like the real deal instead of a tribute band. Members of the Dap-Kings backed Amy Winehouse on "Back to Black."

"Soothing Sounds for Baby: an Infan't's Friend in Sound. Electronic Music by Raymond Scott." I haven't listened to this one yet, but I bet it's good. I mean, the cover's great, so the music should be equally good, right?

imoldfashioned

Call Me a Cab
I'm exhausted so it was Scissor Sisters this morning for a little zip; Don't Feel Like Dancing was played several times in succession.

RIOT

Practically Family
Switch - INXS

Afterglow and Hungry stand out from this new album of theirs, well besides Pretty Vegas.

pennycarrol

A-List Customer
At the moment I'm listening to Julie London!!!!! She's got one of the most beautiful voice!!!!! 'Round Midnight is an adorable song....

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe