Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Western, anyone?

RBH

Bartender
Thanks, sir! And I will make sure to keep a hat on in all photos here on out :D. It was too windy here in Covington to wear my hat (those buildings REALLY mess with the weather at ground level!).

I have been in Covington many times... but it was never the wind that knocked the hat off my head! :cool:

P.S. let me add to anyone that makes it to Texas. Dont believe anything the Major will say about me wondering around the warehouse. :)

Last edited:

majormoore

Vendor
They will believe it Rusty, if I had not seen it with my own eyes, I would have not believed it, plus Bill was doing strange things also that night in the warehouse.

That is what happens when we got the ghost on the 2nd floor shock up and mad.

Major Moore

I have been in Covington many times... but it was never the wind that knocked the hat off my head! :cool:

P.S. let me add to anyone that makes it to Texas. Dont believe anything the Major will say about me wondering around the warehouse. :)

RBH

Bartender
Aye, then I must be doing something wrong lol.

Whatever you do... dont go in the warehouse!

ghost-animatedCute_Boo.gif

cheers-anim-cheers-champagne-wine-smiley-emoticon-000272-large.gif

Last edited:

majormoore

Vendor
I was in Chattanooga on Thursday morning then had to attend a meeting in Cleveland, Tn, then drove to Nashville , it's not to bad, would be better if that 840 bypass came all the way to the I 40 west of Nashville.

Mike

Neophyte

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Well, I'm gonna leave all my experiences and impressions, as well as the description of the process, in the Buckaroo Bonanza thread. Here, I'll just drop some pics. I will say, however, that Black Cherry is an awesome color, and quite a versatile one at that!

BuckarooWestern2.jpg
BuckarooWestern3.jpg
BuckarooWestern5.jpg

barrowjh

One Too Many
Looks similar to Winchester's oxblood. When we visited there last March, we saw a new color felt very similar to the above, but it was darker. I'm not sure whether your picture is of the same color as that felt, and your pic is overexposed just enough that it appears lighter? It is really a nice looking hat, and the pictures suggest a texture of the felt that just bleeds 'plush.' At the time we saw the new felt, there was discussion about whether it should be called oxblood or black cherry, and I'm thinking this may be the same felt, and it has in fact been dubbed as black cherry instead of oxblood? Maybe it is a different felt altogether, just wondering. RBH or Major Moore would know. Maybe different hatters are using different names for this felt?

zetwal

I'll Lock Up
Colors are almost always different in the hand than in photos. Of course you know that already. Still, like you, I too would like to know if the same felt is named differently by different hatters. I don't know if that's the case here, but I'll bet that that does happen all the time. It also occurres to me that various batches may show some variation in color. Could that too be a factor?

barrowjh

One Too Many
Cool - so this is a new color altogether? Winchester really stepping up to develop new felt colors (sunset, oxblood, black cherry within the past year or so), bold move on their part considering the low volume in the custom hatter market? If true, this is a big WOW!

Neophyte

As far as I know the two are not the same.
I believe Mike had a oxblood and it was much different in color.

There was a deep, deep maroon fedora that was too small for me, but just the right size for Mike. When I compared the two, the western was lighter and more muted. Hell, the other hat made mine look brick red in comparison lol! I then assumed that the fedora was oxblood and the western was black cherry.

...Plus, Black Cherry Buckaroo rolls of the tongue better :D. But if it isn't black cherry, then I'm at a loss for what to call it.

1961MJS

Hi

Levine's hat a Stratton Smokie the Bear hat in that color with a black ribbon. It was a small size maybe 6 7/8 if memory serves. It was about $20.00. Winchester makes Statton's blanks if I remember correctly.

Later

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe