Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

We're here because...

Spitfire

I'll Lock Up
...we're here because, we're here because....

We all have different reasons for hanging out here. Some have the same intersts, few (I am only guessing here) are reading all the posts in all the different "rooms". Some of us only read and post in a couple of "rooms"
Why are you here?
What are your main interests?
Are there somewhere you never go?

Personally I am here for reading and sharing information on WWII flying, pilots, aeroplanes, stories and gear - which takes me straight to another room:
Outerwear - where most stuff about Irvin jackets and A2's are.

Besides that I like to read about travels, food, drinks and (sometimes) cigars. (Connoiseur and SteamerTrunk)
Movies sometimes - allthough I am not a big fan of the socalled golden age movies.
Music - sometimes. Likes jazz.

Suits? Never go there.
The general attire...yes - and then again. No. Cravats yes. But besides cravats, I never dress vintage. (And thats not really vintage, is it?)
Hats? Never (only one post there in all my time here) Only have one hat.
Powder room and Beauty? Offcourse not!!!!!
Golden Age? Naaa - not really...sometimes.
"The show me" room - too many guns and tattoos for my liking
The Observation bar - that's where I am right now.

But I guesse the main reason I come back here allmost every day, is that it's a great way to meet people you have never met. And propably never will meet. It makes the world smaller. And we all learn something about different cultures, different ways and hopefully - we all learn to respect people who thinks differently.

What do you like?

Elaina

One Too Many
I enjoy the sewing topics here better then most other places. I also feel I can be helpful, and I usually stick to just that unless something in the Observation Bar strikes my fancy. Commenting varies, mostly it depends on if I'm feeling particularly masochistic that day or not.

I do read far more then I ever comment on, if it's something that interests me in general I will read it. I started coming to make some friends with similar interests, and pretty much just use the forums as a form of information.

David Conwill

Call Me a Cab
Why are you here?

I came because Port Halcyon died and I wanted to be amongst those with an understanding and appreciation of the past.

What are your main interests?

It depends on the day. I don’t lurk on the board very much, but rather I use Google to search it for topics that I’m interested in on any given day. That’s why I’m frequently caught resurrecting old threads.

Are there somewhere you never go?

You mean like Iran or Red China? :lol: I don’t spend much time in the Powder Room, but there’s been a time or two a search has led me there without my knowing it. I’m probably least frequently found in the Radio and Moving Picture rooms because I haven’t got much to say on those topics and I’m not as well listened and watched as I’d like to be.

I like it all, really, and I’m glad the board isn’t more focused. I’m on the HAMB, for example, and it’s very narrowly focused on vintage-style hot rods and customs, and sometimes I like to think about the larger context of things from the era.

-David

Geesie

Practically Family
I found the place when I was looking for tab-collar shirts.
I remain here because it's a much different mix of people than I usually encounter, either online or IRL. And I like it.
Rooms?

Hats - almost never. I have all the hats I can afford and make space for
Suits - rarely, same reason as hats.
General attire - Often.
Powder Room and Beauty - Often, to get information and ideas for my wife who doesn't share my enjoyment of internet forums. Also, I want to learn to sew.
Observation Bar - Fairly often
Connoisseur - Fairly often, but since I can't smoke in my apartment or really anywhere else (California, bah) and I already have a huge stock of favorite drink recipes it's not that often.

All others - open 'em up every week or so to see if anything catches my eye

Foofoogal

Banned
I am here for the black page. I run into my cave off and on thru the day when the lights and sunshine gets too much.
Sort of true. Really.
I am here cause I love all you people. lol
I learn alot of stuff and Lizzie is so inspiring and interesting.

ThesFlishThngs

One Too Many
I hope so, Hailey, 'cos that's why I admired it. ;)

Oh, and I've been here since a while back, though I took a hiatus (stolen computer, lack of links, etc.), but it's a riveting, amazing place, full of riveting, amazing people. So much to learn, so much to see. So much to envy.
It's a real treat I tell ya.

Widebrim

I'll Lock Up
...For the events here in Los Angeles, which thankfully are not too sporadic. I also spend quite a bit in the various necktie threads (one of my passions), as well as The Moving Picture, WWII, and Suits, including some forays into Hats. I occasionally will go to the Observation Bar (like now) to engage in discussions requiring higher cognitive demands...:rolleyes:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
billmacsworld