Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Vinage Habig Fedora Size 5 (7 1/8)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Purplesage

One Too Many
Vintage black Habig Special Quality fedora in very good condition. Light stains on liner is really the only issue. Features a 2 1/2" brim with thin grosgrain bound edge; 5 1/2" open crown which is wrapped in a 1 1/4" grosgrain ribbon and classic bow with unhemed or frayed trailing edges; soft and pliable light tan leather sweatband and an oilskin or cellophane liner cover. Felt is in excellent condition with NO MOTHING and easily conforms to the shape you like. $215.00 shipped CONUS ($230.00 International). If interested please contact me via private message or email.

FullSizeRender-21_zps4b311952.jpg

FullSizeRender-3_zps9ab6fb35.jpg

FullSizeRender-5_zps15d3a692.jpg

FullSizeRender-7_zpsd95b04fe.jpg

FullSizeRender-17_zpsa2c2a410.jpg

FullSizeRender-10_zps055e4265.jpg

FullSizeRender-18_zps11beb345.jpg

FullSizeRender-12_zps82e2c18a.jpg

FullSizeRender-16_zps91e2a4bc.jpg

FullSizeRender-20_zpscc661e7e.jpg

Purplesage

One Too Many
Incidentally, Alan my dad was a bartender and I know what he would say about all this. He grew up in the depression, drove a car for Pretty Boy Floyd as a youth, was a Merchant Marine and half Cherokee Indian. He passed away along time ago but he wasn't about all this crap.

il_fullxfull.412435832_t75k_zpslmbduica.jpg

buler

I'll Lock Up
Incidentally, Alan my dad was a bartender and I know what he would say about all this. He grew up in the depression, drove a car for Pretty Boy Floyd as a youth, was a Merchant Marine and half Cherokee Indian. He passed away along time ago but he wasn't about all this crap.

Maybe he forgot to teach you common courtesy? I'm sure Alan isn't the only one annoyed with you bumping 10+ classifieds all at once. I see it as discourteous.

B

Purplesage

One Too Many
B Exactly why is it discourteous to bump my classifieds all at once? Is it putting you out or something? It's not like I'm bumping anyone else's classified ad or restricting someone from posting a classified ad. As far as I'm concerned you are overstepping your bounds and are the discourteous one. If you had several classified ads that you decided to bump at the same time I don't think I would lose much sleep over it. Your comments are not welcome on my posts. Thank you.

buler

I'll Lock Up
B Exactly why is it discourteous to bump my classifieds all at once? Is it putting you out or something? It's not like I'm bumping anyone else's classified ad or restricting someone from posting a classified ad. As far as I'm concerned you are overstepping your bounds and are the discourteous one. If you had several classified ads that you decided to bump at the same time I don't think I would lose much sleep over it. Your comments are not welcome on my posts. Thank you.

A definition of the word discourteous.

dis·cour·te·ous adjective: discourteous

showing rudeness and a lack of consideration for other people.

You may not welcome my posts, but you are not a bartender. If they feel my posts are in violation of the rules, then they will remove them. I know that this will be a waste of my time and you will never agree. But I will explain why bumping large groups of posts all at once is discourteous.

Let's consider the definition of a bump. Here is one found on the web that I think is pretty clear.

Bump - an action used by those who wish for more attention to their topic; usually by those who stand to profit (classifieds,) or those with a burning desire for attention or instant gratification

The process of the bump places that thread back at the top of the page in the classifieds. In doing so, that will also bump all other threads down one position. I see 25 classified threads in the lounge forum on my monitor. I'm guessing this varies depending on your setup and monitor. Lets not forget those viewing the lounge on their smartphones/smaller screen devices. When you bump 12 of your classified threads all at once, you just knocked 12 other posts off the front page. I may have just posted my new, shiny classified ad sitting all pretty at the top of the classifieds right before your bumpage, and now it's knocked way down the page.

Why are you bumping your threads? Because you want them to be seen at the top of the page. More exposure. So when you bump 12 threads at once, I would argue that you are not being considerate of other loungers threads and therefore are being discourteous.

B

Annixter

Practically Family
I've stayed out of the snowballing fray between Purplesage and a number of other members, but the recent flood of thread bumps leads to my input. First, I have no personal vendetta against Purplesage, nor do I wish to have one. Because we have no outlet in the Classifieds to discuss our community's concerns, I'm prompted to post here. At what point does a member consistently selling a large quantity of items in the classifieds become a merchant and/or start necessitating the consolidation of merchandise into a single thread? Merchants have their own forum, specialize in a particular area/service, and financially support the FL in return for the opportunity to advertise their goods/services, and Purplesage almost entirely deals in hats according to his post history--and a ton of ads at that compared to all other members posting in the classifieds. I support our rights to sell and trade amongst ourselves, but I also think flooding the classifieds with ads and continuously discount bumping threads on a weekly basis is not considerate and obviously causes issues for at least a handful of contributing members.

Purplesage, the quantity of your classified ads throughout the last couple years coupled with the amount of bumps and recent member dissatisfaction seems like a good reason to consider changing your practices to mollify some dissatisfaction from potential buyers and community members. Maybe becoming a merchant fits your practices better? You could even set up and link to a website to display your goods, or you could use a resource such as Etsy like many other FL members who sell larger quantities of merchandise on a normal basis. Obviously, you make your own decisions, but the recent ruckus caused by your behavior argues for change.

At the end of the day, we can ignore certain threads, and someone started giving a poor rating to Purplesage's ads, making it easy to spot and bypass his ads; however, I cannot see how those low ratings are good for business, nor a good practice for disgruntled members in general. I think we as members of a website community have the responsibility of not taking advantage of the classifieds and other members trying to buy and sell in that limited space (limited in that only so many ads fit on a screen and members have only so much time and patience to dig through pages of one member's ads to find other ads). So will change occur, or will people resorting to debating in members' ads until moderators close them become the normal way to control the classifieds? I'd prefer the community reach a peaceful compromise where Purplesage can offer his merchandise without overburdening the classifieds.

Purplesage

One Too Many
Annixter - First of all I am not a merchant and the hats I have listed in the classified ads are my own. I'm sorry you feel the need to jump on the bandwagon and start complaining that I have too many listings in the classifieds or I have too many bumps or whatever else you want to complain about. As I said before, whether I have one listing or 500 I am not restricting the activity of any other members. If someone has started giving me low ratings I would be interested to know if they have personally conducted business with me, since no one I have personally conducted business has ever complained to me. Pretty easy to give someone a low rating when it's done anonymously. If you want all these restrictions then you should ask yourself who they are really benefiting. I'm just trying to sell some hats and did not invite all of this aggravation. If you ask me the whole thing is getting stirred up by certain members (Lounge Nazis) who think they know it all and because they have so called tenure think they can impose their will on others or bully them around. If you want to jump into the fray feel welcome but this is the last I intend to comment on the subject. Incidentally, try looking at some of my other posts besides the classifieds. End of discussion.

Last edited:

Annixter

Practically Family
Annixter - First of all I am not a merchant and the hats I have listed in the classified ads are my own. I'm sorry you feel the need to jump on the bandwagon and start complaining that I have too many listings in the classifieds or I have too many bumps or whatever else you want to complain about. As I said before, whether I have one listing or 500 I am not restricting the activity of any other members. If someone has started giving me low ratings I would be interested to know if they have personally conducted business with me, since no one I have personally conducted business has ever complained to me. Pretty easy to give someone a low rating when it's done anonymously. If you want all these restrictions then you should ask yourself who they are really benefiting. I'm just trying to sell some hats and did not invite all of this aggravation. If you ask me the whole thing is getting stirred up by certain members (Lounge Nazis) who think they know it all and because they have so called tenure think they can impose their will on others or bully them around. If you want to jump into the fray feel welcome but this is the last I intend to comment on the subject. Incidentally, try looking at some of my other posts besides the classifieds. End of discussion.

I'm sorry you refuse to look inward at your own actions for a solution and instead quickly accuse others, using insensitive if not offensive language. Whether you desire the aggravation or not, your actions and subsequent reactions play a pivotal role.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
billmacsworld