Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Video---Alan Flusser chatting with Charlie Rose about style.

Lefty

I'll Lock Up
Did he say something? I couldn't take my focus off of the giant tie, those giant lapels, and those monster cuffs. That outfit might look good when he's standing but, with his arms on the table, his shoulders nearly touched his ears. I could have sworn that I heard the word proportion, but it was hard to tell.

Slim Portly

One Too Many
Two bad haircuts, Alan with a sloppy suit, and Charlie with an unbuttoned DB jacket and obviously distracted... goodness, we all sound like we're posting on Style Forum.

lol

KeyGrip

A-List Customer
Its very easy to dress well. The problem is getting the proper information.

I think this is a good way to describe the current relationship between men and their clothing; especially in my age group.

Sefton

Call Me a Cab
Slim Portly said:
Two bad haircuts, Alan with a sloppy suit, and Charlie with an unbuttoned DB jacket and obviously distracted... goodness, we all sound like we're posting on Style Forum.

lol
In that spirit ; do you think he was wearing his own brand pinstripe suit with lapel stripes that don't connect with the stripes on the collar or the (in)famous Ralph Lauren pinstripe suit with lapel stripes that don't connect with the stripes on the collar suit?

O.K. Seriously, I did enjoy watching that. It was worth it just to see someone on national television praise the great style of Gary Cooper.

metropd

One Too Many
I thought He looked wonderful. Well His outfit at least. The approach was straight on just maybe not for him or maybe just not while sitting down. The cutaway collar made his face much wider than it was. That being said I would wear exactly what he had on in a Heartbeat.:eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap The look I thought was elegant and classic(almost Golden Age with a touch of a modern French businessman.) I thought they both were dressed very well. At least a lot better than me.

Carlisle Blues

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Great Video :eusa_clap :eusa_clap

Lots of info.

He seemed uncomfortable, naturally would influence his look; even how his clothes seemed to appear.

I have had his book "Dressing the Man" for a couple of years. It has some very good tips although some of the stores have changed

Sefton

Call Me a Cab
I did actually like Mr.Flusser's suit. The pinstripe bit was just a reference to an old (lost?) thread that was here. It is odd that he would wear a wide shirt collar even though he seemed to be saying that men with wide faces should wear other types. Also Charlie Rose seems to get lost in the studio background in his suit; I think he ought to wear something with a lighter/brighter color or lose the shows stark "basic cable we could only afford black i.e. we have no set" background.

zetwal

I'll Lock Up
Thanks for posting the interview. I too enjoyed it and wished it had been much longer. How's the book anyway?

Tomasso

Incurably Addicted
Carlisle Blues said:
I have had his book "Dressing the Man" for a couple of years. It has some very good tips although some of the stores have changed
Interestingly, when the book came out every retailer mentioned, that I'd visited, had a huge stock of DtM on the premises. Coincidence? :rolleyes:

BTW, both Bergdorf Goodman and Mark Shale offered me a free copy.

Slim Portly

One Too Many
metropd said:
I thought He looked wonderful. Well His outfit at least. The approach was straight on just maybe not for him or maybe just not while sitting down. The cutaway collar made his face much wider than it was. That being said I would wear exactly what he had on in a Heartbeat.:eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap The look I thought was elegant and classic(almost Golden Age with a touch of a modern French businessman.) I thought they both were dressed very well. At least a lot better than me.
I was actually just having a go at them. I'm sure Alan's suit would have looked better had he not been hunched in a chair. But... I stand by the observation that just a smidge of product in each of the men's hair would have looked nice. Easy for a bald guy to say, I know.

And yes, the interview itsself was insightful and much too short.

Interesting. However he is indeed a poor example for his advise on that video. My mother would say "doesn't he own a mirror?!" The tie was crooked and not well centered in the collar space. I am sure he had access to a mirror before going on. [huh] I won't even mention how long the cuffs were. :eusa_doh: However, the composition of the outfit was fine. The colors, the tie, pocket square etc. were just fine. It was just how it was worn. [huh]
The advise makes great sense. I just wish it was longer and he looked more like it. :rolleyes: ;)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
billmacsworld