Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Vicenza Italian HH now available for all Aeros

Mark

Practically Family
Cannot comment on the Vinceza leather but I have a BK Liberty (veg tanned hide also from Italy) that is markedly different from my Aero FQHH. Neither one is "better" than the other but as has already been said just different. The BK hide is much lighter, more grainy and has what I would describe as a more natural, organic look and feel about it. It is very beautiful indeed. My Aero FQHH on the other hand has a wonderful depth of colour that seems to change the more wear it gets. I love both!

Superfluous

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I have a Plainsman in Vincenza. Great hide! Robust and hearty, yet pliable and comfortable. IMHO, exponentially more desirable than certain substantially more rigid leathers. I am currently contemplating a second Vincenza jacket -- awaiting samples.

dan_t

Practically Family
My Aero FQHH on the other hand has a wonderful depth of colour that seems to change the more wear it gets. I love both!
Thank you, this is what I'm particularly interested in.
I read this so often here that it make me ask whether this is also a feature of the Italian hides?
I'm 6'2" & almost 100kgs with an athletic(ish) frame, so wearing a solid hide won't bother me too much. The depth of colour is critical however.

devilish

A-List Customer
As I stated on the previous page. There is nothing flimsy about the Vinceza at all and the depth of color is getting better all the time.

Worf

I'll Lock Up
I scored a Veste De Rallaye from Carrie on sale, I'm actually wearing it now... It's a mid weight hide that's very comfortable and supple. It would never sit up like my FQHH LHB. It's made of the darker seal from the first run. Too cold to wear it outside, but I'll do some pics and sech when I won't freeze to death doing it. I like it personally.

Worf

tropicalbob

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I read this so often here that it make me ask whether this is also a feature of the Italian hides?
I'm 6'2" & almost 100kgs with an athletic(ish) frame, so wearing a solid hide won't bother me too much. The depth of colour is critical however.

If you're concerned about that, the brown FQHH is the most beautiful color I've seen. After three years of ownership I still sit and gaze at it.

Mark

Practically Family

As far as my one and only veg tanned jacket is concerned it has no depth of colour or marbling effect you get with the Aero FQHH. It does and already has started developing a lovely grainy patina though. Best by one of each to be on the safe side:)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CLUless82