Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Vanson! Vanson! Vanson!

3.14nche

A-List Customer
I'm considering picking this one up for my so.
I can't seem to find it on the Vanson website, any idea what model it is?
1727337395894.png

Viking752

Practically Family

Schambach

Practically Family
it’s too late anyway, but does anyone know the sizing of the Vanson Benrus “long waxed jacket” (another Stormer variant)?

I know the Vanson Large is huge, like a 46” plus 4” of ease.

The butterscotch Stormer Vanson is a 44” with, I’m not sure, less ease?

I have a Benrus on the way so I’ll know soon enough.
I almost grabbed that one! Lemme know how it works for you. "Large" can mean different things for different jackets with Vanson. Their textile stuff fit me a good bit smaller than the leather jackets when I tried them on at the warehouse a few years back.

VansonRider

A-List Customer
I almost grabbed that one! Lemme know how it works for you. "Large" can mean different things for different jackets with Vanson. Their textile stuff fit me a good bit smaller than the leather jackets when I tried them on at the warehouse a few years back.

The Benrus does run smaller, I have a Vanson Dover waxed cotton jacket in a Vanson Medium that’s pretty tight, and the Benrus Lrg is like, 3/4 of an inch more from pit to pit than the Vanson Med. Good reason to put down the cakes and pick up the weights.
The Benrus is an awesome build. Full lining, leather facing on the front zip, leather lined collar and cuffs, and it has that leather lined “conceal carry” pocket. Plus padded elbows and shoulders.

VansonRider

A-List Customer
I caught another one…
Ever since I found Vanson, two jackets had eluded me. One was the Swedish Dispatch coat, which I finally did find, but the other is the TT (Tourist Trophy) touring coat.
An armored leather take on the Barbour International, like the Lewis leathers Roadmaster.

I haven’t been able to track down a TT but I found the little brother, the Teton.

It doesn’t have the belt or the drunk pocket, and it cinches at the waste with a cord, so it’s not quiiiite as dashing, (Velcro wind flap instead of brass snaps) but the one I grabbed does look to be in Comp. Leather instead of the current Firenze version.

I thought I was done but the BIN offer was too good to pass up.

I think I’ll be taking the Ebay app off my phone for a while!

I bet I could convince Vanson to put a belt on the waist over the cinch cord, and a little belt at the collar… that would get me 90% to where I’d want to be.

9D7ED19B-8EEC-4092-AB7A-4D56AA46D8B6.jpeg
7514555E-C2ED-4780-A5D0-617470CC584F.jpeg

Schambach

Practically Family
The Benrus does run smaller, I have a Vanson Dover waxed cotton jacket in a Vanson Medium that’s pretty tight, and the Benrus Lrg is like, 3/4 of an inch more from pit to pit than the Vanson Med. Good reason to put down the cakes and pick up the weights.
The Benrus is an awesome build. Full lining, leather facing on the front zip, leather lined collar and cuffs, and it has that leather lined “conceal carry” pocket. Plus padded elbows and shoulders.
Yep, that sounds about right. I'm mostly 44, but the textile jackets I'd probably need an XL. Very nice though!

Schambach

Practically Family
I caught another one…
Ever since I found Vanson, two jackets had eluded me. One was the Swedish Dispatch coat, which I finally did find, but the other is the TT (Tourist Trophy) touring coat.
An armored leather take on the Barbour International, like the Lewis leathers Roadmaster.

I haven’t been able to track down a TT but I found the little brother, the Teton.

It doesn’t have the belt or the drunk pocket, and it cinches at the waste with a cord, so it’s not quiiiite as dashing, (Velcro wind flap instead of brass snaps) but the one I grabbed does look to be in Comp. Leather instead of the current Firenze version.

I thought I was done but the BIN offer was too good to pass up.

I think I’ll be taking the Ebay app off my phone for a while!

I bet I could convince Vanson to put a belt on the waist over the cinch cord, and a little belt at the collar… that would get me 90% to where I’d want to be.

View attachment 642608 View attachment 642609
Oh wow, I missed that one for sure! Ebay today? If for some reason it doesn't work for you, and it's 44-46ish, please let me know.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dickiedust