Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Unpopular music opinions

Undertow

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Well, I'll probably be strung up for this one...

I can't stand the Beatles, the Beach Boys or Elvis. I think Hendrix and Joplin were iconic only in the fact that they died young. Sinatra is only as good as his clothes, but I can't stand his voice, and Dean Martin played a good drunk - but that's about it. The only thing good to come out of the "British Invasion" was the Animals. The Hollies and Jim Croce had two or three good songs each, but the rest of their exhaustive portfolios were utter garbage. The Guess Who and Foreigner had alot of catchy tunes, but were terrible musicians. I also think Tom Waits is interesting as a person, but I've never, ever cared for his music.

Country Western as a genre is a repulsive example of corporate formula-music gone insane, while Bluegrass is the genius (albeit ugly) stepsister.

The Moody Blues and King Crimson are entirely underrated considering their technical and aural prowess. I also think Nick Cave and the Badseeds were amazing (on the one album I've heard titled Murder Ballads).

Finally, I am a huge fan of Heavy Metal, including: Black Metal, Death Metal, Blackened Death Metal, Doom Metal, Extreme Metal, Grindcore, Power Metal, Prog Metal and Thrash Metal.

Did I forget anything? lol

Last edited:

MissMittens

One Too Many
Finally, I am a huge fan of Heavy Metal, including: Black Metal, Death Metal, Blackened Death Metal, Doom Metal, Extreme Metal, Grindcore, Power Metal, Prog Metal and Thrash Metal.

When I hear "Prog" I think of Coheed and Cambria, which is amazing. You probably mean "Rush" judging by your other genres. I'm into hardcore and post-hardcore. Yes, I'm only one step away from being an "Emo" :p

Undertow

My Mail is Forwarded Here
When I hear "Prog" I think of Coheed and Cambria, which is amazing. You probably mean "Rush" judging by your other genres. I'm into hardcore and post-hardcore. Yes, I'm only one step away from being an "Emo" :p

Well, I do like prog rock, as well, including bands like Rush, Pink Floyd, Tool, Turing Machine, Jethro Tull, Goblin, Radiohead, The Mars Volta, etc. I was referring to my love for prog metal, including bands like Meshuggah, Gojira, Arcturus, Nevermore, Yakuza, etc.

But yeah, I think we're on the same page. ;)

eveready

Banned
My way

[video=youtube;WIXg9KUiy00]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WIXg9KUiy00[/video] My favorite Frank Sinatra song. I think Sid Vicious does a pretty good impression.......minus the bad rug.

rue

After seeing that, I'm having a hard time remembering why I used to be into The Sex Pistols.... hmmmm.....

[video=youtube;JQkActP-isE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JQkActP-isE[/video]

Still wondering..... It must have been a boyfriends influence ;)

Most of it anyway. I was a HUGE GnR fan until Axl decided to become a "musical genius" :rolleyes:

These were the good ol' days of rock.....
[video=youtube;oobDQ0vdm8M]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oobDQ0vdm8M[/video]

That was my song in 87' ;) I can even do the Axl dance lol

I don't think GnR qualifies as Metal.lol lol They were the glamrock bands.
You really liked the longhaired groups eh?:p

rue

I don't think GnR qualifies as Metal.lol lol They were the glamrock bands.
You really liked the longhaired groups eh?:p

Scary isn't it? I dated quite a few of them. Back in the day I was a band-aid, sorry to say :rolleyes:

Definition:
someone who goes to rock concerts because of the music, because she inspires the musicians and believes the band to be very talented. not to be confused with a "groupie," who sleeps with rock stars because she wants to be near someone famous

Last edited:

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe