Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Unpopular music opinions

rue

I'll second that. The real value in this place is being exposed to things that you might not have been exposed to otherwise. Talking about music gods doesn't really serve much purpose. There's not too much that can be said of these people that hasn't been said already. If you already have an opinion on an artist based on actual listening of their music, nobody's words are going to affect that opinion either way.

I suppose I should be the first to apologize to you if you're insulted, but I will say that all joking around with each other aside, I have learned quite a lot about music I wouldn't have known about, thanks especially to Lizziemaine. For that, I think it was worth it.

By the way, if you don't like this, don't read the unpopular movie opinion thread ;)

Rundquist

A-List Customer
I suppose I should be the first to apologize to you if you're insulted, but I will say that all joking around with each other aside, I have learned quite a lot about music I wouldn't have known about, thanks especially to Lizziemaine. For that, I think it was worth it.

By the way, if you don't like this, don't read the unpopular movie opinion thread ;)

Nah. I don’t insult easily. In fact I get a perverse kick out of slamming on music that I don’t like myself. Some of the bands on your list for most horrible (Rush, Peter Gabriel, Phil Collins, to name a few) are on my list of all-time lame as well.

I just saw some people trying to convince others of an opinion. I also saw some people having to apologize for some of their likes, which you should never have to do.

I’m not really even really opposed to the thread. I think it had a genuine intent. It’s just that nobody’s tastes are so uber cool that somebody can’t come along smash holes in them. That’s all I was trying to say. I consider anybody and everybody on this board a “nerd” anyway, lol.

Last edited:

Rundquist

A-List Customer
No, duh. The word nerd would be meaningless without at least one cool person…..

I’m joking of course. I meant it as a joke and would certainly include myself. I am a board member after all. Cheers

ps- I just noticed that the board turned my "LOL" at the end into a smiley. Maybe that has something to do with the interpretation. Sorry about that.

Last edited:

1961MJS

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Hi

I'm an engineer, but I've never worn any pocket protectors (although I still have some somewhere). I understand the earlier comments about a band defining a decade such as Glenn Miller (40's), Elvis (50's), the Beatles (60's), the Stones (70's), Culture Club (80's) etc. I still don't understand the popularity of the Beatles. Not gonna happen apparently. I didn't like them in High School, not in college and not now. Love the Who, like the Stones, I even like (gasp) Sir Elton John better.

Crawling back under the desk in my little cubicle.

Later

P.S. couldn't resist the Boy George comment!!!

rue

Hi

I'm an engineer, but I've never worn any pocket protectors (although I still have some somewhere). I understand the earlier comments about a band defining a decade such as Glenn Miller (40's), Elvis (50's), the Beatles (60's), the Stones (70's), Culture Club (80's) etc. I still don't understand the popularity of the Beatles. Not gonna happen apparently. I didn't like them in High School, not in college and not now. Love the Who, like the Stones, I even like (gasp) Sir Elton John better.

Crawling back under the desk in my little cubicle.

Later

P.S. couldn't resist the Boy George comment!!!

I love Elton John!! No need to hide ;)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe