Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Unpopular music opinions

rue

Have you seen him lately? :eeek:

ADam-ant.jpg

ummmm.... holy crap lol

HadleyH

I'll Lock Up
Oh Hadley.... have fun with this. It's a new Year and you're beautiful. Who could ask for more? :)

and you are sweet ! but darling rue, how can i have fun if i see all these musicians like the Beatles and Elvis and M Jackson and Earth Wind and Fire, Celine Dion etc.... and more.... being bashed up like this? this has turned into a hatred thread and music for me (and for others i guess) is not a thing to be made fun of .... if you need to make fun of , go make fun of the 1970 hippies, or clothes or whatever other thread you can find here, but leave music alone.

My God! is that too much to ask?

rue

and you are sweet ! but darling rue, how can i have fun if i see all these musicians like the Beatles and Elvis and M Jackson and Earth Wind and Fire, Celine Dion etc.... and more.... being bashed up like this? this has turned into a hatred thread and music for me (and for others i guess) is not a thing to be made fun of .... if you need to make fun of , go make fun of the 1970 hippies, or clothes or whatever other thread you can find here, but leave music alone.

Personally I like the Beatles, Elvis, Michael etc, but this is an unpopular opinion thread. I'm sure there are those that you don't like. I don't think of it as a hatred thread, but more of a personal opinion thread. Have fun with it :)

Oh and by the way I'm so stinkin' jealous of your beauty. Just sayin' :)

HadleyH

I'll Lock Up
I don't think of it as a hatred thread, but more of a personal opinion thread. Have fun with it :)

Oh and by the way I'm so stinkin' jealous of your beauty. Just sayin' :)

I will never have fun with this thread!

Hey, - stinkin' jelalous?? he heee you are making me smile here girl..... not fair :p

Chas

One Too Many
Glenn Miller. I loathe him.

Harry James. The Sultan of Shmaltz. What's even more pathetic is that he was a JAZZ musician who opted for shmaltz. A waste of talent.

The Beatles. Two down, two to go. Pretentious rubbish! All you need is CASH. I could live 'till I'm 300, never hear another Beatles tune and wouldn't regret it.

Frank Sinatra. I can't even post what I think about him, lest I be banned.

Elvis. As a musician, he was the true poseur archtype. As a preformer, (pre-army days) he must have put on a good show- BUT two or three years do NOT make you the king of RnR. The true king of RnR (my king, anyway) is EDDIE COCHRAN. A musician, performer, innovator and songwriter. He outclassed Elvis in all the necessary spheres. That, and he didn't die on the john. 'Nuff said.

Paul Whiteman. He deserves to be burned in effigy in Congo Square yearly upon the anniversary of the birthday of Buddy Bolden. I fart in his general direction. Yeah, he was a nice guy, yeah, he was popular, but...to willingly take on the mantle of "King Of Jazz" is an offence to every true jazz musician that has ever lived. He could have refused to be called that, but he gladly took it on. He was a self absorbed, mercenary lump of fecal matter.

Last edited:

Blackjack

One Too Many
Wow! Or I should say Yikes... as a person who's made his living making music for the last 30 years I'd like to say something. Personal opinion excluded most of the entertainers being smashed to bits here had a common bond, they defined a decade like it or not. Glenn Miller wasn't horrible, he played the most danceable swing music made in the 40's, and dancing was what people wanted to do. Elvis brought R&B to the white audiences like no one else and gave a voice to the white kids of America. The Beatles were beyond anything we'll ever see in music again, they changed everything (like it or not) about the 60's. All the top bands and writers in the mid sixties used the Beatles as a yardstick to what music was going to do. I have my personal favorites, and some that I really don't care for at all, but do any of them "suck" or deserve to be burned at the stake? I think not...

Kahuna

One of the Regulars
I know he's recently deceased and all but I never could grasp the so-called brilliance of Captain Beefheart. He was beloved by male record store clerks everywhere but his music was always just a little too weird for weirdness sake for me.

rue

I have that 19th century military jacket, and a black on black one too, lol. Fortunately though, I look more like the former, and not the latter :p

Oh please I'll bet you look a hundred times better than that lol

Definitely. She was nearly as bad as the Beatles. :eeek::eusa_doh:

Nearly?? She's awful :puke:

Yeah, how would you like to be married to him now? :plol

I never wanted to marry him. Maybe a roll in the hay at the time, but now.... :eusa_doh: lol

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe