Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Trench Coat - the 'Ultimate' Thread!

Italian-wiseguy

One of the Regulars
My trenchcoat (ex italian army)
Impermeabile.jpg

Impermeab3.jpg

Impermeab4.jpg

(I'm probably the worst photographer in the whole world, I know::. besides, I have to use a real camera and not my cell phone!)

ciao!

Italian-wiseguy

One of the Regulars
As a side note, one thing that I like of military clothing (this is one of the few items that I actually wear) is that it fits as military clothing, i.e.... it fits!
High armholes and everything. Sleeves are a just a little (a little) snug when used with most "civilian" coats underneath, but that's fine for me.

Ciao Wiseguy,

Very nice trench (the Italians always have great style) and fully agree with you on this one.
Some vintage military clothing is hard to wear in "everyday" conditions but I have a 1940's-1950's trench that I wear quite often. Granted, the high armholes and snug fit are not as practical as a modern trench but then again the look is completely different (and more elegant IMHO). This is a US army trench with a removable lining. Without the lining it can be worn over a suit jacket without compromising too much comfort. I love this coat because it has all the right details without going overboard with buckles and straps (true to military styling of form follows function). It is elegant and practical. Another key is that it has straight mounted sleeves similar to yous, and not "raglan" sleeves/shoulders. I feel the straight shoulders look equally good with or without a structured jacket underneath. Here's a pic:
Trench1.jpg

Last edited:

PADDY

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
Being in Italy, a lovely Borso or Barbisio would look so much nicer with that great trench of yours (The Beret and Trench combination just gives me memories of a British TV series from the 70's). Great Trench..!!

Beret and Trench is also very French!

And no, I'm not an amateur poet ;-)

Thanks Wiseguy. Viva trenches with the set-in sleeve!!! Although I'm pretty sure that the first trench coats had raglan sleeves...

Last edited:

Smithy

I'll Lock Up
Love the trench Søren, suits you to a tee old boy :)

I see you've got a moustache on the go. How's that eh, so have I! We have Movember here at the moment where you grow a mo for prostate cancer.

I'll have to send you my Movember page.

Like the scarf too, none too shabby!

Two Types

I'll Lock Up
I found this trench coat in a market in Glasgow for £8. Which I thought was a bargain. Made by Dunlop, probably 1950s or 1960s.

dunlopraincoat.jpg

dunloplabel.jpg

(I'm looking suitably dishevelled - which is perfect when wearing a trench coat)

Two Types

I'll Lock Up
That Trench looks timeless !! You wear it well!

Thanks. It has that lovely weight of older gabardine coats. It makes me think of the navy blue coats kids used to wear for school back in the
1950s/1960s. How I wish I had one of those now. You can't even find them in kids sizes!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe