Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The wrist watch.

milandro

A-List Customer
I am not sure that watches in the '30 and '40 were at all large (in general) , in fact , one of the thing that I don't like about vintage watches is that they look very small on my rather large wrist.

I have a '50 Omega , unusually large for the times, because it was the first watch which my father bought with his own money after the war and I treasure it. It has been worn well and has almost no visible wear.

Wearing vintage watches is probably part of wearing vintage clothes too. I am not into that either.

Very rarely have vintage watches stood the passing of time without bearing scars and I, personally, don't like that.

I think that, if one likes a vintage attire, there are plenty of modern watches to suit that look.

I don't like quartz movements but if one does they are more precise than most mechanical movements .

Who me?

New in Town
IMG_3909.jpeg

RickP

Practically Family
Back in the late 70s, I picked up a new Rolex submariner on a dive trip down in the Carribbean. I had it for a couple years before books, tuition, food, and beer took priority and had to sell it. Ive always been a mechanical watch fan and have had a stream of older Elgins, Hamiltons, a couple Seiko 5's, and one Bolouva ( most were family hand me downs). When I retired a few years back, I pulled the trigger and finally found a gently loved No Date Rolex Submariner again. Just because I could! lol ( no wife, no kids, and the dog doesnt care)

Compress_20240513_172225_5492.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
billmacsworld