Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Thread to Display Your 1930s Suits

Hyena Stomp

One of the Regulars
So I posted this suit a few posts back; it came in a while ago, finally got around to slipping into it and taking some pictures. The belt back was hard to capture in action because it's a bit subtle, as was the sheer boldness of the stripe. I did my best. :D (Again, 1938 dated, shirt is by Arrow from the 20s, handkerchief by Arrow from the 30s, necktie by Pilgrim from the 30s, hat by Valridge from the 20s)

editsmall1DSCN1163-1.jpg

editsmall2DSCN1174-1.jpg

Two Types

I'll Lock Up
You've mixed stripes, spots and checks. And you've mixed them well. Good stuff!

The pocket handkerchief really makes that outfit.

Hyena Stomp

One of the Regulars
Thank you kindly gents, much appreciated. :)

To comment on the handkerchief, I actually found that one + 3 others deadstock in the original packaging recently while antiquing in New Hampshire... it's literally the first time I've ever found anything late 30's / early 40's in an antique store in these parts... I guess it's relevant to post here in the 30's Suit thread considering how they designed the tri-fold packaging. (It's pretty cool!)

When I put it in my pocket, I didn't unfold then refold it... it's been folded how it is for the past 70+ years. :D

arrowps2.jpg

arrowps1.jpg

Dostioffsky

One of the Regulars
I found this one recently. Sadly, not in the best condition, especially the trousers have quite a few holes in them.

IMG_6793copy_zps159c2c2f.jpg

It does have a really cool vertical chest pocket! I don't think I have ever seen that before.
IMG_6794_zps0f272e94.jpg

IMG_6836_zps683040ae.jpg

Papperskatt

Practically Family
I've seen some very slanted breast pockets, but I don't think that I've seen a 100% vertical one before. At least certainly not on such a late suit.

I really like it, great find! It's a shame that it's in such bad shape. :( What size is it?

Dostioffsky

One of the Regulars
I bought it together with a few other garments that were made by tailors here in the Netherlands, so I assume this one is as well.
It has this stamp on the inside of the armpit, but I can't quite make out what it says.
IMG_6800_zpsc4bf0c20.jpg

Papperskatt, thanks! It is mostly the trousers that are in a bad condition, 3 rather big holes of about 3 centimeters. They are also much too short for me, and I doubt there is enough fabric to let them out enough.... The jacket has only has a few small holes.

The chest measures 39,5 inch.

Papperskatt

Practically Family
Awh, had it been a 36" chest had I offered to buy it from you, but alas it's too big for me.

Here's a 20s jacket with an extremely slanted breast pocket. That's probably the closest to yours that I've ever seen. By the early 20s I believe that most jackets were made with a relatively horizontal breast pocket, so finding a vertical one on a 30s suit is something out of the ordinary to say the least!

24_01_zpse5c91317.jpg

herringbonekid

I'll Lock Up
interesting suit Dostioffsky. the lapels are rather small for the chest space. they remind me of some German suits we've seen on here... but then i imagine Netherlandish suits would resemble German suits (?).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe