Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Single & Ridiculously Good-Lookin' Room

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ada Veen

Practically Family
Miss Brill said:
I think some people get their self-esteem from having "crushes." They try to keep people interested because it makes them feel good, plain and simple.

I found this online:You can usually tell if you are being teased by
someone who does not wish you well because you are
likely to feel turned on, hurt, angry, and powerless
all at the same time. Which means you won't know
exactly what you're feeling. (The characteristic
bewilderment of being slyly jerked around.)

Yup, know that feeling

deadpandiva

Call Me a Cab
Miss Brill said:
I think some people get their self-esteem from having "crushes." They try to keep people interested because it makes them feel good, plain and simple.

I have alot of crushes but not quite for that reason. I have crushes on unatainable people because I can't fathom myself in a relationship. Likeing people who won't like me back is safe but makes me feel part of the normal stream of things.

Ada Veen

Practically Family
deadpandiva said:
I have alot of crushes but not quite for that reason. I have crushes on unatainable people because I can't fathom myself in a relationship. Likeing people who won't like me back is safe but makes me feel part of the normal stream of things.

Ha! I have a crush constantly. If they ever liked me back I'd freak out completely lol

Miss Brill

One Too Many
deadpandiva said:

By "cushes" I mean "fans" or people with crushes on them. I guess admirers is the right expression.

I think everyone gets crushes, but I don't think many people encourage others to get crushes on them just for the joy in tormenting them. Having a crush is different than encouraging a crush. I'm all for crushes, I wish I had more men in my life to have crushes on.

Miss Brill said:
By "cushes" I mean "fans" or people with crushes on them. I guess admirers is the right expression.

I think everyone gets crushes, but I don't think many people encourage others to get crushes on them just for the joy in tormenting them. Having a crush is different than encouraging a crush. I'm all for crushes, I wish I had more men in my life to have crushes on.

What about encouraging a crush when it's mutual?

Jovan

Suspended
I'm afraid I too must depart from this thread for the time being... let's just say things happened in the blink of an eye last night. :) I'll see where this goes.

Ada Veen

Practically Family
Jovan said:
I'm afraid I too must depart from this thread for the time being... let's just say things happened in the blink of an eye last night. :) I'll see where this goes.

How very exciting!

Jovan

Suspended
Lincsong: I eat red meat enough as it is. :p No whiskey, though, I was just being myself and was more finely attuned to body language (i.e. "I want you to hold me by this campfire") than I have been before. Other things happened, but a gentleman does not kiss and tell.

Ada Veen: Exciting indeed. I'd almost forgotten the feeling of mutual attraction.

LocktownDog: It will when you least expect it! My friends were right about that.

Miss Brill: I have not and never will answer, or make, a so-called "booty call." :)

deadpandiva

Call Me a Cab
Miss Brill said:

Oh I see what you mean. I do know people like that.

Miss Brill said:
Are you sure it is mutual? You ain't gonna yank that football away?
I wouldn't--my capacity for unpleasantness, while spectacular, is reserved for cases of clear provocation, like say being a threat to someone I care about... (In this case, though, I'm the one with the crush, and trying to figure out about stoking the fire if it turns out to be mutual, even though I doubt it is.)

Although, anyone having a crush on a portly, sawed-off old rattlesnake? Kinda difficult to envision...lol (Maybe that's because of a preference to play to the intellect rather than the eye, though...)

Miss Brill

One Too Many
Diamondback said:
I wouldn't--my capacity for unpleasantness, while spectacular, is reserved for cases of clear provocation, like say being a threat to someone I care about... (In this case, though, I'm the one with the crush, and trying to figure out about stoking the fire if it turns out to be mutual, even though I doubt it is.)

Although, anyone having a crush on a portly, sawed-off old rattlesnake? Kinda difficult to envision...lol (Maybe that's because of a preference to play to the intellect rather than the eye, though...)

Men don't have to encourage, you basically have to say that you are interested & ask the woman out. I hate men who beat around the bush. Sometimes men will flirt and flirt and flirt, and all I can think is, "why doesn't he hurry up and ask me out if he likes me? He must not like me, he is flirting because he is a flirt." If she likes you, she probably knows she likes you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe