Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Single & Ridiculously Good-Lookin' Room

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ecuador Jim

A-List Customer
Oh darn...

zaika said:
i just spent the last...fourty five minutes reading this thread. you guys are hysterical! i wish i had been in on this thread earlier. :)

DB..you didn't like Mars Attacks! ?? one of my fave movies!!

i'll throw out my request for membership to this room...i'm single and think i'm not horrible to look at...however i know that most men find the larger woman to be unappealing, so i'm not holding my breath. lol (for the record, i have been shrinking in the last year for my own health, so maybe in another year i'll be 'voluptuous' instead of just 'big' and therefore appealing to more people [huh] :D )but i DO love zoolander and can do a mean Le Tigre...so i guess i could qualify for membership to this room? lol

I would have joined this thread earlier, but I thought is was the "single and ridiculous looking" room, for which I am well qualified. :D

carter

I'll Lock Up
Diamondback said:
Different strokes for different folks--I'm just not much of a comedy fan... my idea of good comedy's some of the lighter moments in the Lethal Weapon series: the entire "Leo" character appears to be just there for comic-relief... I'm usually Mr. "War and Action Flicks", remember? (The romantic in me has always wanted to reenact the bar scene from Top Gun, and I have a connection who might be able to arrange a bar full of real fighter-jock--okay, ex-fighter-pilot:eusa_doh:--backup singers...:D lol )

As for your self-deprecating commentary: real beauty comes from within, remember?;)

Well said, Sir!:eusa_clap

So do I... and I'm not of sufficient age to be her father, let alone almost grandfather...:p lol

Admiration knows neither age nor gender, Grasshopper. :D lol

(See annotated post above.)

pretty faythe

One Too Many
Let's see, considering he's...ummmm...what was it 22ish? that would make the girls 11? :p lol tee hee..... rofl..

Lincsong said:
There ain't a thing wrong with that.:eusa_clap Why would you want to only date someone your age????? Hell, boy, Florida is covered with bodacious babes why limit your choices?????

zaika

One Too Many
Diamondback said:
Different strokes for different folks--I'm just not much of a comedy fan... my idea of good comedy's some of the lighter moments in the Lethal Weapon series: the entire "Leo" character appears to be just there for comic-relief... I'm usually Mr. "War and Action Flicks", remember? (The romantic in me has always wanted to reenact the bar scene from Top Gun, and I have a connection who might be able to arrange a bar full of real fighter-jock--okay, ex-fighter-pilot:eusa_doh:--backup singers...:D lol )

As for your self-deprecating commentary: real beauty comes from within, remember?;)

i've never seen lethal weapon! yeah i figured you for a war/action flick person. lol i like a select few war/action movies...but most of the time i just need something light. as much as i didn't like top gun...the bar scene WAS cute. :D

:p i guess it's self depreciating...but not really. you may not believe me, but i'm not holding a pity party over here! :) i think i look good, i like what i see in the mirror for the most part (we all have things we'd like to change, yes?), and i think i go out into the world with confidence. but i'm also not delusional. the way i've seen things play out in my life is that if given a choice between a smart pretty thin woman and a smart pretty large woman, most men would prefer to be with the thin woman. it's not my place to change their minds, and frankly i don't have the energy and i don't care enough to change minds and i honestly wish everyone well. i've had a few romantic experiences in my life so i know that fat isn't ALWAYS a deterrent. lol i just don't expect much. that's all! :D

carter

I'll Lock Up
zaika said:
i've never seen lethal weapon! yeah i figured you for a war/action flick person. lol i like a select few war/action movies...but most of the time i just need something light. as much as i didn't like top gun...the bar scene WAS cute. :D

:p i guess it's self depreciating...but not really. you may not believe me, but i'm not holding a pity party over here! :) i think i look good, i like what i see in the mirror for the most part (we all have things we'd like to change, yes?), and i think i go out into the world with confidence. but i'm also not delusional. the way i've seen things play out in my life is that if given a choice between a smart pretty thin woman and a smart pretty large woman, most men would prefer to be with the thin woman. it's not my place to change their minds, and frankly i don't have the energy and i don't care enough to change minds and i honestly wish everyone well. i've had a few romantic experiences in my life so i know that fat isn't ALWAYS a deterrent. lol i just don't expect much. that's all! :D

All I can say about that is this:

How many men, and women, live to regret their initial preference?

To paraphrase, "It's not the size of the person in love, it's the size of the love in the person."

zaika

One Too Many
carter said:
All I can say about that is this:

How many men, and women, live to regret their initial preference?

To paraphrase, "It's not the size of the person in love, it's the size of the love in the person."

i....don't know?

:eek:

eta: okay...i understand. :D forgive me...i'm just slow on the uptake sometimes. i didn't mean to make a fun thread serious. god forbid! lol still, i think my point is valid on some level. obviously, i can't make a blanket statement and say that ALL men only want thin partners etc etc...because that's not true either. but speaking from personal experience, i have been passed up for someone thinner (albeit a little duller IMHO lol) and more often than not treated by men as though i didn't deserve to be spoken to which is utter BS. this isn't a comment out of self-depreciation...people CAN be and ARE that cruel (i can't tell you how many snide remarks i get or how often i am completely ignored when i try to make an effort to 'put myself out there'). i dismiss those kinds of people immediately and find other people to associate with. i've found that those who treat me like a person are mostly women and married/taken men. lol whatever. i've actually come to terms with being single and being overweight and my life has taken a turn upwards. life is GOOD. why waste it being unhappy single OR attached? a relationship doesn't promise happiness, and neither does being single. i'm just milking my life for all i can...no regrets. :D so...i'll say, like others here...i'm single and ridiculous looking. lol lol

Jovan

Suspended
For the most part, the only women I've actually got on with have a few extra pounds or less. I can't explain why. I actually really liked someone who was heavier than the "norm" for me, but ultimately our date ended in disaster. :eusa_doh:

I really think I'm not shallow but... I dunno what to think of this. The girl I'm interested in currently is thinner than most any girl I've been attracted to. And while I may think from time to time she could exercise and eat a bit more... honestly, she's just like that. I've seen her eat a LOT at a restaurant we went to. Like me, she's an ectomorph. Maybe that's part of why we get on well together? I can tell the difference between that and people who are actually anorexic or bulimic, and she is certainly neither of those.

Make of this what you will.

zaika

One Too Many
Jovan said:
For the most part, the only women I've actually got on with have a few extra pounds or less. I can't explain why. I actually really liked someone who was heavier than the "norm" for me, but ultimately our date ended in disaster. :eusa_doh:

I really think I'm not shallow but... I dunno what to think of this. The girl I'm interested in currently is thinner than most any girl I've been attracted to. And while I may think from time to time she could exercise and eat a bit more... honestly, she's just like that. I've seen her eat a LOT at a restaurant we went to. Like me, she's an ectomorph. Maybe that's part of why we get on well together? I can tell the difference between that and people who are actually anorexic or bulimic, and she is certainly neither of those.

Make of this what you will.

like i said...people like who they like! you shouldn't feel bad about it...and that's my whole point really. there's a difference between your natural attraction and then being mean, though. you don't seem mean. at least i hope you're not!! lol j/k. my initial comment wasn't to say "poor me!! i'm overweight and no one likes me! boo hoo" lol rather it's just my observation and something i've come to terms with. of course, it would be awesome if more men were cool with bigger women (and vice versa!), but that's just not how this society works. i can't change overnight, and neither can "society" so...that's just how it is! now on with the living. ;)
i have no idea what an ectomorph is?? but lol
i have a friend who is super skinny. seriously, she is a size 0, she can eat more than me at any time, and she is actually trying to gain weight so she can have a baby. i keep telling her that she'll gain weight WHEN she has one. lol but, even though we're at extreme opposite ends of the weight spectrum, we still have a good time clothes shopping together because neither one of us can find clothes that fit well!! :D

oh...sweetfrancaise you BELONG in this room. haha. :D

Jovan

Suspended
Sweetfrancaise: You are certainly good looking from the picture I saw on your MySpace. :)

zaika: There are three body types people commonly fall into, one of them is the ectomorph, which is the essential hard gainer. Getting muscle or fat for us is really difficult. See http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Somatotype. And you're right, despite her physiology, she will certainly gain more when she becomes pregnant regardless.

zaika

One Too Many
Jovan said:
Sweetfrancaise: You are certainly good looking from the picture I saw on your MySpace. :)

zaika: There are three body types people commonly fall into, one of them is the ectomorph, which is the essential hard gainer. Getting muscle or fat for us is really difficult. See http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Somatotype. And you're right, despite her physiology, she will certainly gain more when she becomes pregnant regardless.

okay, i see. i have never heard of that term before...i'll have to pass that on to the ectomorph in my life. :D

sorry for hijacking the thread...back to the ridiculously good looking hijinks! lol

Edward

Bartender
pretty faythe said:
Let's see, considering he's...ummmm...what was it 22ish? that would make the girls 11? :p lol tee hee..... rofl..

Yes, not exactly an option. Hmmn. The most depressing thing in the world for me was turning old enough in the UK to legally sleep with someone half my own age. Euw.

ClaraB

One of the Regulars
Okay, how did I miss this room?!? Do have to say I am a bit discouraged by the last bit of the title though, I am going to have to pretend it says The Ridiculously Single Room and mentions nothing about appearance.....ok thats better lol

zaika

One Too Many
ClaraB said:
Okay, how did I miss this room?!? Do have to say I am a bit discouraged by the last bit of the title though, I am going to have to pretend it says The Ridiculously Single Room and mentions nothing about appearance.....ok thats better lol

oh, but claraB!! i think the gentlemen would agree, but you DO fit the last bit! you're lovely, dahling! lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe