Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

THE SATIN FINISH/LONG HAIR CLUB

Justin, Perry, Thanks!

Josh, Thanks too! The felt (color, finish, hand) on this one is exceptional. I sure wish there was detailed information on the process they used.

ManofKent

My Mail is Forwarded Here
First venture into the world of furry beasts:

Woodrow - I'm guessing late 50's but would welcome any information. Woodrow were a fairly successful hat producer, and one of several hatmakers who gained Royal Appointment, but are long gone.

splintercellsz

I'll Lock Up
1900s Stetson Expo

00615.jpg

00723.jpg

00918.jpg

01014.jpg

01114.jpg

Garrett

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Justin's Stetson Expo is a hard act to follow but I'll give it a shot with this recently acquired Borso:

ofcoursemyhorse

Practically Family
Dark Blue Royal Stetson Longhair finish.

Absolutely gorgeous hat, the finish and color remind me of the beautiful custom that Mike Spens had made by Black Sheep hatworks.
Very lightweight and soft as cashmere. Incredibly happy with this hat.

This photo shows off the true color better than my pics.

Last edited:

ofcoursemyhorse

Practically Family
Thanks! I can already tell this hat is going to be one that I wear quite often. I'll be sure to get some pics of the re order and block stickers as well. I just have to carefully peel back the liner which was taped in.

Beautiful early Royal Stetson OCMH! The trademark for the Royal Stetson was registered in 1936 - from the details and size tag this would seem to be a pre-war example, perhaps late 1930s. It would be great to see the red label and also, if you can find it without disturbing the sweatband stitching, a LOTXXXX number, which is often stamped in the middle of the sweat to the front, opposite the seam. A small mirror can help.

Congratulations on a great find.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CLUless82