Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

THE SATIN FINISH/LONG HAIR CLUB

Surely you will let Mr Fawcett pounce it a bit more.
It kinda looks like road kill from the photos.

roadkill.jpg

So some may learn about hats & the Ignore List feature of the forum, this is the only post I see except Josh bumping it up.
Point #1 = you do not pounce this finish of a hat = Art does have better things to do since he won't be pouncing this at all.
Point #2 = looks to be a fuzzy pimp hat from the 70's = Huggy Bear, a 70's pimp character from Starsky & Hutch
Me being the names I was called for posting my reply, I'll let the folks who have bought, sold, traded, & discussed hats in the Lounge tell you what they call me....

casechopper

My Mail is Forwarded Here
In the spirit of getting this back on track I'd like to say that I think that hat will look a lot better with a different ribbon and the right block. I'm not a big fan of the braided band it has now.

New ribbon, block and a combing of the nap would definitely make a nice hat IMO.

tridentine

Suspended
I really like this hat a lot.
Yes I will get rid of the braid and was thinking of a jaunty mid blue or brown ribbon, and it would be nice to have a slice of ivory in the middle as you say Randall.
I'll post after pictures in a few weeks.

I think it will look great.

I apolgize for the crude remark and any scandal it caused.

To explain more clearly; I was set to buy an Stetson 100 from Gtdean, who kindly agreed to sell it to me.
Unfortunately due to circumstances in my family, at the time, I was unable to buy it, even though GTdean had kindly boxed it up for me.

For this I am truly sorry.

I did not see this initially due to my growing Ignore List.
To explain even more clearly, not only did I box the Stetson 100 but also took it to UPS Store to get accurate estimate for insured shipment, notified you of the costs & awaited your reply. Where the PM thread below picks up...
tridentine said:
gtdean48 said:
tridentine said:
gtdean48 said:
Still awaiting your reply....
I thought I wrote you back on Friday.
Sorry my message did not get through.
I unfortunately cannot afford it right now.
I am sorry and thank you
Dan
You have a lot to learn & this is not good form.
td
As do you.

Rip off thing.

You left out this last part of accusing me of a "rip off".
Shall we look at all the hat purchases you have posted on the Lounge since you said you "could not afford" the deal you agreed to?
No, back to the Ignore List....

Chrome

One of the Regulars
Here is my two furries

First one
IMG_9193_zps1d2987f5.jpg

IMG_9195_zps73bef403.jpg

Second one
IMG_9188_zps82a47d1b.jpg

IMG_9190_zps7a86fdaa.jpg

IMG_9191_zpse7553100.jpg

Both:
IMG_9196_zps7afecd53.jpg

Both are brown, althou other is much colder and kinda magic color and very hard to get pictured right. Second one is unknown mark and I don't have a clue of their age. I guess both are roughly same age.

rlk

I'll Lock Up
3X Beaver Stetson Crafted Edge

P1050982.JPG
P1050983.JPG
P1050979.JPG

From about the Centennial of Stetson. Silk finish multi-colored felt.

Last edited:

Jack Savage

New in Town
I bought a Akubra HCD Silverbelly from Hats Direct and was really pleased. Perfect size 61. Just right size and professionalism after reading up on the forum here. Then I bought a few others on ebay. Again a good experience. Then I bought four more from another seller from Australia, new in
stock Akubras and when they got here they were shipped in the box, no support just sitting on the brim bouncing around in the box,
nothing like Hats direct. I had paypal'd them and am shipping them back. Leisure Time was the only one that had a size tag and could stretch a bit to fit comfortable.
The other three had no tags, and when I asked why they said they couldn't stock
that many sized Akubra offered, so they re-stretched them into the sizes ordered.

At the same time I had ordered a Campdraft in Bluegrass green from Everything Australian and it got here 15 minutes ago. What a nice job of packaging with 4 day shipping for $29 and a great price on the hat. I was so happy, I ordered another one 5 minutes ago. They still have a few in my size and others.

Ive got about 8 or 9 nice Akubras and a Stetson open road straw, and Royal Stetson Temple all because of reading up on the excellent knowledge here on the forum, thanks to all
the experience.

No pictures yet, got to wait till I figure out how to do it with an Iphone. I'm not sure about forum rules talking negative about hat sellers, so anyone want to know just send me a post.

Last edited:

Joshbru3

I'll Lock Up
SPECTACULAR additions, Gentlemen!!!!

Alan, I LOVE the swoop that you have put into the brim! That hat looks incredible on your noggin!!

Justin, The Champagne color of that Feiges is amazing! I love that hat!

:eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap

I was thinking about this one.

Mayser Talpa, size 56cm, probably 1930s. The Velour finish and color mimic the fur of a Talpa (European Mole). One of my favorite Velours.

7639187060_878f3f5701_b.jpg

7639206604_a657558418_b.jpg

7639229424_789b49cab0_b.jpg

7639319164_d13a6dffda_b.jpg

7639077570_a31cfa1056_b.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CLUless82