Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Open Road Guild

danofarlington

My Mail is Forwarded Here
For those of you with a 7 1/8 head size, here's a good looking Open Road on Ebay.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Stetson-Hat-Ope...-/290522415129?pt=US_Hats&hash=item43a47c4019

I saw that, looks nice. Myself, having one rather old and beat-looking vintage OR, and a modern one, I'm holding out for a 7 1/8 Stetson 100 or Stetson 25, or something like that. They look so good. I hold my fire on a lot of hats because I feel obligated to wear what I buy, and hate the thought of some hats sitting around lonely because I was collecting too much. But the one you point out is smooth looking.

JTopenroad

One of the Regulars
Request membership

In searching for Stetson Open Road info on the internet I found the Fedora Lounge and to my delight The Open Road Guild. I have read every page and now would like to submit for membership to this honorable group. I have owned several ORs and enjoy buying and selling them and researching the many different markings and logos associated with this fine hat. I hope I am successful at attaching my pictures from photobucket. I am wearing an old worn 25 that has almost become my trademark and holding two nice ORs that are near pristine condition. The one in my right hand is a pre 1953 3X and the other is after 53, judging by the placment of the Open Road logo, Royal DeLuxe. I get lots of positive comments and enjoy the questions I get from people asking where they can find a hat that looks that good. http://i1199.photobucket.com/albums/aa480/jtopenroad/OpenRoads640x480.jpg[/IMG]"]
OpenRoads640x480.jpg
[/URL]

Last saturday night, while I should have been sleeping, I came across this auction for a Stetson Twenty-Five with a reasonable buy it now price. Recent "the sky's the limit" 25 auctions and the lateness of the hour made me think this might be a good deal.

Not sure of the vintage - late 1960s or 1970s perhaps? The two stains on the brim underside came out easily with a delicate dab of acetone and some steam and brushing brought the hat back to life in very nice condition. This is a heavy, soft felt - an appropriate OR for cold weather wear.

OR25_outside.jpg

OR25_outside2.jpg

OR25_inside.jpg

OR25_inside2.jpg

OR25_logo.jpg

OR25_withplaid.jpg

a few additional pictures on the hat of the day thread.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CLUless82