Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Non Shorpy Web All Stars.

carouselvic

I'll Lock Up
"1890, Dick Coons House, 14th @ West Ave
The First 8 Hour Job in Austin
Carpenter work was daywork $2.50 to $3.00 per day for 8 hours work, which was the prevailing wage for Union men on all 10 hour jobs at the time."

The Wiser Hatter

I'll Lock Up
www.rivet-head.com%2B2%2B%25286%2529.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Looks like a nice sunny day, close to high noon. If they were going to catch it, no better time, even with the technology of the day. Good catch by both of you!

2jakes

I'll Lock Up
Antietam ~ October 3, 1862. Allan Pinkerton (Left) and General McClernand (Right)
2vdqtsz.jpg

The Battle of Antietam was the bloodiest day in American History. 23,000 casualties in one day....
four times the casualties suffered during the D-Day invasion. The Battle of Antietam was one of the
defining moments in American History.

Thanks to carouselvic who provided the link.
http://www.old-picture.com/

TPD166

One Too Many
Wolf Brothers - Tampa, Florida 1920s

Wolf Brothers' Clothiers 1920s - they were still around in the 1980s and I shopped there often when I lived in Tampa (not this location - they had moved into the shopping malls by then). The Wolf's were related to the Maas Brothers [department store] family. Back in the 1980s, shopping in the downtown Tampa Maas Brothers store, especially during the holidays, was like stepping back in time. Sadly, both store chains are gone now. Lots more great photos and history for both Maas Brothers and Wolf Brothers here: http://www.tampapix.com/wolf1.htm

I'll take one of each from the summer hat display!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CLUless82